The Blunt Facts

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Water. Fresh, clean and cool. Each little bead hit deathly white skin and dribbled off in due time. It soaked nearly white hair and created massive suds in the locks, which several minutes ago had been caked with sweat, oil, dirt and whatever else nature had thrown in his way the last couple of days. As he rinsed his hair, all of that washed out and coated the porcelain bottom of the tub before it disappeared down the drain. His eyelids opened, and he watched the movement idly.

It was as though each piece of tiny debris was another second of not having his pink flower, yet he couldn't force himself to rush in the shower. Even after his rest, his limbs felt weak. He even was tempted to sit in the bathtub and just let the water run over his head for awhile. At the same time, guilt was eating away at him; he doubted that (f/n) was having the luxury of a soothing shower. His left hand curled into a fist at the thought, and he pierced his skin before it healed within a few moments of him removing his nails from his hand.

Leaning his head against the wall where the shower head was, he permitted the water to trickle down his bare back in cold streams. His pale, ghost-white lips parted, and a droplet of water fell from his bottom one and against the faucet below. A slight ringing sound hit his ears at the impact, and he closed his eyes again as water dripped down his face and, occasionally, off of the tip of his small hero nose.

Another ring met his ears, and it was as though he could view the ripple of the sound wave in the darkness. It spread further and further until it no longer created that ringing noise. Rather, it morphed into something dreadful: screaming. And, it wasn't any regular cry of agony; no, it was hers. His hands pressed against the wall and clenched. "I'll find you, my partner." His right fingertips scraped against the tiles, hoping for a stronger grip on them, but they only slipped down in the process.

He needed to move; he couldn't let his thoughts chain him down into inaction. The creature pushed himself off of the wall and finished his shower before he stepped out and pushed his hair back. As he walked out, his eyes glanced over to the mirror, and he seemed like a ghost of his former self. A bitter chuckle left him. Despite that, he probably looked more terrifying than he usually was.

The dark bags still under his eyes, the way his body had clung to his bones more as well as his hunched over posture all equated to him appearing as though he were a rabid monster out of the snow. It was a relief that (f/n) wasn't around to see him like he was presently. Then again, she might be more willing to open up to him, but he didn't wish to gain her feelings through pity. He desired for her to love him on her own time even if that never happened. Again, he just would be happy to have her back with him.

Letting his hair fall around his face, he opened one of the drawers in the bathroom vanity and removed a pair of scissors. The metal of the blades gleamed in the artificial light, and he momentarily pictured stabbing them through Callest over and over again until he was nothing but a pile of bloodied mush. A smirk touched his lips at the thought before his lips fell into a tired frown. First, he had to find them.

Bringing the scissors up, he figured that he would get his looks to how they used to be. Maybe, he wouldn't be giggling or grinning as much, but he could at least seem like he cared about his well-being. And, he would begin eating normally again since it would be different now. He had more help, and he wouldn't spend another two months searching for his partner.