Chapter 3

My first day at U.A, the first proper step to becoming a hero and I was a nervous wreck. There were so many things that could go wrong but I'm trying to think positive but I'm kinda failing at that part right now normally I'm good at thinking of the positive side of life but being a hero is going to be a lot harder especially with this burden on my shoulders. While sitting in one of the chairs in the main room, I glance down at my palm and securing a little flame and just observing while it dances, swaying left to right. "(Y/N), Kendo is here" my mum's voice echoes in my ear and immediately the flame disappears. 

Walking to the front door, I see Kendo wearing the U.A uniform like me. When I had heard that we both got in, I was so thrilled, she had been with me since I was little and I couldn't imagine not being in the same school as her. 

"Bye mum" My bright and enthusiastic attitude certainly evident in my voice as I began to walk out the door before I was pulled back into my mum's embrace but before I could even wrap my arms around her she let go, wiping her eyes before the tears could emerge. "Good luck both of you" She shouted as we started walking steadily to school.

Eventually, we arrived at U.A where I would learn how to become a hero and push past my limits and I couldn't help but let a smile escape my face. A rush of exhilaration erupted in me and I began to rush towards the doors but not before grabbing Kendo hand. "(Y/N) stop running" Mine and Kendo laughter filled the empty halls as I lead us both to our classes.

Slowing down, I looked at my paper with my information on it "I'm in class 1-A" I looked at back Kendo whose eyes had a somewhat deject look "I'm in class 1-B"

"Don't worry, we can always hang out at lunch and after school" I reassured her quickly before waving goodbye and heading to my class.

1-A and one thing I can say is that the door is freaking huge which is making my nerves increasing with each second. Letting out a deep breath, I open the door and look inside to see everyone near me but they were more focused on a green-haired boy. Hoping to just pass by and find a seat when the bubbly smiley brown-haired girl I met at the exam, "hey I remember you, you slapped yourself before the exam"

Everyone had gone quiet and looked at me and you could just tell my face was representing my emotion now. Embarrassed. "Um, yeah that's me (Y/N) Akemi" after I spoke I heard a laugh and then noticed that Bakugo was in my class. "Stop laughing at me" I stated as I made my way to him glaring him while my face was still tinted in pink. "I fucking made it extra" I just rolled my eyes at his comment before everyone started introducing themselves to me. Everyone was so friendly and nice expect of course Bakugo and this one guy at the back, he made different coloured eyes and hair.

"If you're here to socialize then get out" Everyone turned to the doorway to see a man in a sleeping bag on the floor. Who the heck is this guy? "Time is a precious resource you lot aren't very rational, are you?" No way this guy is our teacher.

Everyone had already found a seat before I had a arrived to I had to take the last open seat next to the guy at the back. He had one side white and the other red it was kinda cool. "I'm your homeroom teacher Shota Aizawa. Pleased to meet you." Well, this year is gonna be interesting.Looking at the boy next to me I realised I didn't know his name so without the teacher noticing I whispered to him "hi, I'm (Y/N) Akemi we haven't meet yet what's your name"

"Shoto Todoroki"

My eyes had widened in size. No-no-no. This can't be happening just why did he have to be in this school in my class. I had an inner panic attack before calming myself down, lots of people could have that last name.

"Are you? Are you anyway related to Endeavor the flame hero" my voice was slowly breaking as I reached the end of my sentence. Shoto looked at me in the eyes and I could see so much hatred. "He's my dad" I guess he doesn't like his dad. Our dad. No, I don't count him as mine.

"Um, let's get along" I stuttered trying to be polite, however, his answer was one I was shocked. "I don't need friends" if my eyes could have gotten any larger they just did. Just met my half-brother for the first time and found out he is a total piece of shit. There was no way else to say it. Looking back to the front, making a note to myself avoid him at all costs.

"Change into your gym clothes and head out to the grounds" With that declared I was the first one out attempting to escape Shoto.

We were having a test of quirks which was understandable our teacher needed to know what we were capable of. Bakugo went up first and showing off his quirk and when I say it was an amazing sight to see it really was. He had an incredible quirk which suited his personality so well.

"705.2" Woah that was impressive, I walked up to him and patted his shoulder which caused him to tense up and turn to me immediately "you have really strong quirk" he had relaxed once he noticed me "well duh, what's your fucking quirk?" I just smirked and walked away "just watch me," I replied with a smirk.

"The one with the lowest score across all eight events will be judged hopeless and will be expelled" Gasps were coming from nearly everyone but this just fired everyone to do even better than they had planned.

50-meter dash:

I had to be creative with this one, my quirk wasn't suited for this so I had planned to rise a strong root at the end and grab on my waist and rush me back to the finish. Standing next to a frog-like girl if I remember her name was Tsuyu.

"Ready set go"

My root was holding onto my waist and swiftly raced me to the finish 

"4 seconds"

Next was the grip strength and my quirk wasn't gonna help me at all in this. I had to rely on my natural ability. The third event was long jump which again I justed my roots to carry me along. The fourth event was side-stepping and again my quirk couldn't do anything.

Then it was the last event. Throwing. I had asked Aizawa about my plan for it and all he said was i could use my quirk as long as I didn't leave the spot. Using my natural strength to throw the ball but then using my roots again to throw the ball along until I couldn't raise anymore. "646" I jumped up happily and walked over to Tsuyu which I had begun to become close with.

Midoriya showed everyone his unique quirk and injured himself yet Bakugo was the most shocked that he became angry. I don't know what happened between those two but it wasn't anything good. I tried to talk to Midoriya or bakugo about what had happened after but they were both gone.

(Sorry I kinda rushed the ending part, I'll do better next chapter )