Chapter 31

Slowly down my pace as I make my way down the street where my house sits comfortably on. Outside of the house, stood my mum she was wearing that purple dress that was only worn for them occasions. I hated at the fact that she had to do them things just to give us a comfortable living. If only her boss would give her a higher pay which he should of but he had tricked her with a contract that my naive mother at the time didn't read fully so she was given a low pay. I hated the fact that my grandparents that I had never met, didn't support their child's dream.

"I like that boy. He's good for you, mother approves" she brilliantly smiled at me while giving me a thumbs up. I just blushed while looking at the ground trying to dodge from looking at her. She patted my head gently as if I was some dog "well I guess I should be going now" I could hear the hint of gloom in her voice, it was so unlike how she was normally.

Stopping her from walking passed me, I couldn't let her do this anymore especial for my sake. "NO" I shouted out as she tried again to get passed me "hush you could wake up the neighbo-"

"I don't care, I won't let you do this anymore" Looking straight in her eyes as I could clearly see the uncertainty on her face. "What are you talki-" interpreting her "I know where you go in the night, you think you could fool me. I'm older now." The shock on her face soon turned into defeat as she glanced away from me. "I'm so sorry. Don't look at me" she cried out as she tried to get away from my stare.

"No don't say anything. I don't blame you for what you have done, all the sacrifices are the reason I am here. I'm older now though and I'm someone you can depend on so that you don't have to carry all of this on your own. I can get a job at the cafe or even the local shop. I'm going to help you and if I can't help you I don't deserve to be a hero."

Turning around to face me fully, I could see her red-stained cheeks that she had been trying to hide from me but I was gonna be there for her. Smiling at me as she brings me into a hug as I could feel her tears drop onto me. "You are the best daughter I could ever ask for. Thank you" kissing the top of my head as I tightly embrace her.

"So are you gonna quit?" staring up at her as I was still in her arms while she had a few stray tears which I wiped off. "I can't"

Drawing away immediately but before I could speak but put a hand over my mouth "we still need to pay this month but if you really want to help me" nodding my head rapidly "then once you get a job I promise I'll quit" smiling at her as we connected our pinky's together to make the deal.

As we were saying goodbye to each other, she surprised when she shouted at me "you are my hero" blushing slightly as I couldn't help but smile at her as she disappeared in the night.

Locking the door behind me as I got ready for bed, I was going to find a job tomorrow and also maybe avoid the topic of the four-letter word until I'm fully ready to tell him my true feelings. Firstly, I had to sort some stuff out before that. Closing my eyes but soon opening them and freaking out that he actually said that. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this. Ughhh, I'm not gonna be able to sleep.

With three hours left until my alarm clock woke me up, I eventually sleep asleep until my annoying alarm rang through my ears causing my to go into a rage fit as I flared up and burn it. Once I finally calmed down and realised what I had down, I wrote down a note to mum to buy my another alarm clock and leaving it on the table in the main room before starting to get ready for school.

Walking back into the main room as I began to make some breakfast and leaving some for mum as she got in late and yes I heard her but I knew I would be dead if she knew I was up till that time on a school night.

Today's goal; survive school, avoid that word, look for a job.

Easy.

A knock was heard and quickly put my dishes in the sink as I slipped on my shoes. Opening the door to reveal Kendo waiting for me, she smiled at me gently when she noticed me. "You ready?" nodding my head before beginning our walk to school. "I'm so ready"

I was so wrong. Once Kendo had left me for her classroom, I had stayed outside the door of Class 1-A for a good while until I heard someone's voice behind me. "You just gonna stand here" jumping from shock to see that it was my homeroom teacher in his famous outfit his yellow sleeping bag. Nodding my head rapidly giving me a slight headache before moving my arm that was shaking like a leaf before opening the door slowly.