🐠 chapter 4

Now the Merman was dressed in some proper clothing, which was a big shirt of Jungkook, which was way to oversized for the smaller boy, and shorts also from Jungkook. Those were actually old ones which had gotten too small for the raven to wear.

Now Taehyung was standing in the kitchen. He was opening every drawer and closet looking at the stuff inside. His face looked cheerful ever since they arrived here.

"Ho! Thats a knife. Lets not take that" jungkook said and grabbed the knife from taehyungs grip. The boy looked a bit confused but let the other.

"im 19" taehyung pouted

"im 24, and this is a very sharp knife. I cant have you get hurt"

"You are very handsome" taehyung suddenly said.

"a-ah, well thank you" jungkook didnt expect that at all. He thought the other was going to argue about him taking the knife, but it wasnt.

"so thats...Hm..Five years?" taehyung then asked.

"it is"

"so, whats this?"
The boy pointed to a package of rice.

"thats, rice"

"can i try?"

"sure, let me prepare it." jungkook opened the rice putting a small bit in a bowl. While he was getting the water Taehyung grabbed a few rice and put it in his mouth.

"ew" he said and scrunched his nose.

"you..You are not supposed to eat it like that. You have to boil or steam it with water first" jungkook chuckled. Taehyung shaped a 'o' with his lips and tried to spit out the uncooked rice secretly.

"can i stay here to watch?"

"of course. Let me get you a chair" jungkook hurried to the dining table getting a chair wich had nice soft seating.
The merman smiled and sat down on his knees. He looked curiously how Jungkook made from the hard dry rice soft squishy and hot rice.

"is it done?" Taehyung asked after a time. Jungkook had put the rice in a small bowl and handed it to the merman.

"what do you eat in the sea?"

"uhm we eat like, fish and seaplants. But i prefer to not eat fish" taehyung said. He was okay with plants but fish felt strange for him.

"thats pretty boring."

"it tastes good you know!" taehyung gasped. "you should try it"

"maybe a other time" the raven chuckled.  "for now i will show you my place"

"can i eat this now?" taehyung asked still holding the small bowl of rice. Jungkook nodded and gave Taehyung the chopsticks. The merman looked at it confused.

"why sticks?"

"its to eat. Like this" jungkook got another pair and showed him how to use ut.

"how did you do that?!" taehyung was surprised by the way the human used these two sticks to take the rice.

"try it"

Taehyung tried to copy the way Jungkook held the sticks...Failing to grab the food. He pouted.

"why is it hard.."

"it needs practice"

"oh, hm" taehyung looked focussed as he tried to do what jungkook did. But failing again.
Jungkook chuckled and gave the boy a fork to use.

"ah, this is easier" taehyung said and finnaly could take a bit of the new food.

"and?" the land boy asked curious.

"its nice! Soft and warm"

"thats great" jungkook smiled he crossed his arms looking at the merman in front of him.

-

Its been around a hour after taehyung had ate the rice. He was now standing in front of the glass wall windows.  He was looking at the sea, where he came from.

So this is what Jungkook sees....

Jungkook was staring at the boy. His side view was pretty. He was so beautiful. His skin was soft, his hair blue and healthy.
The land boy just couldnt stop looking at him.

Taehyung had been looking at the water for a while now. Jungkook sighed and walked over to him.
"you want to go back, dont you?"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook for a second before facing back to the window. He nodded.

"shall i bring you back there?"

Taehyung nodded.

Jungkook then opened the glass door again sliding it to the right. Taehyung walked out holding the end of the shirt he was wearing which was Jungkooks.
They started heading back to the beach, taehyung now, on his own legs.

"so here we are" jungkook said and put his hands in his pockets sighing a bit. The cheerful feeling he had before was gone.

"yea" taehyung turned around. He looked shy.

"will you come back?" jungkook asked. Hoping for that 'yes'. It was like his heart stopped for a moment. Waiting in suspense for the boy's next words.

"i will"

Jungkook let out a soft sigh of relief.

"let me give these back" taehyung said. Jungkook turned around and waited.

"wait you..You can keep the shirt, its yours now"

"really?!" taehyungs eyes widen.

"yes"

"thank you a lot!" the merman looked happy as he only gave jungkook back the bottomwear. Luckily the shirt covered his bottom half as well.

Taehyung had gave jungkook back his clothes. He felt...Sad.
Sad to leave this kind human he had met. He liked it here, and he liked him, jungkook.

But he missed the water already, its his home. It was hard for him to just walk out and so somewhere else in land. He felt the pull to go back even after these short hours of time with Jungkook. But he enjoyed it. It was a great time.

Will jungkook miss me?

I will miss him....what if he doesnt come to sea again?

What if he forgets?

Taehyung shook the them off.

"go now, its okay" jungkook said giving him a smile.
Taehyung nodded and walked to the water. First getting his feet in before he lowered and jumped his whole body under the water. It took only a few seconds for the tail to appear.

Taehyung swam a bit further to move freely and then turned around. Looking at the raven haired land human. He wanted to go back already. He couldnt wait to see him again. Without saying anything he gave a hesitant wave.

Taehyung smiled happy when jungkook waved back. Then he dived under and swam away.

Leaving Jungkook standing there. Watching the merman dissapear under water.

---

Its rare but im in love with this story so far. I enjoy it so much.

Im happy with all your support. Thank you!!
Hope to see you st the next chapter^^
🌼🌼🌼