🐠 chapter 22

Taehyung was the first to wake up. He felt warm and safe. Opening his eyes he saw Jungkook's arm around him he was practically squishing the human's arm under him but jungkook didnt seem to notice as he was still sleeping. The merman smiled remembering last night, they kissed. And he liked it.

He looked up at Jungkook's face and gently touched the human's lips with his finger. He actually wanted to do it again, it felt nice to do.
He laid his head back down snuggling into Jungkook's chest. In his sleep the human wrapped his arm around taehyung.

Taehyung was liking this a lot to be held by someone to be with someone. Even if he lost his family he still was feeling a warmth here on land.
He really liked Jungkook.

The boy would happily stay here longer but he remembered that he needed to wash himself, and he couldnt have Jungkook there. Yes he liked it when Jungkook helped him also because he needed the help. But now he couldn't he cant let jungkook see him like that.
So carefully taehyung got out of Jungkooks grip and put the blanket back over the raven's body before walking to the bathroom.

He placed the new clothes on the edge of the bath and turned on the bath. When it was the temperature he liked he got in and let it fill up like that.
He felt the water wet his legs and prepaired himself. But he wasnt like he expected. He yelped and gritted his teeth when he shifted. It hurted a lot. He could feel the bathwater burn between his scales.

"h-hurts hurts" he said to himself and used his hand to wet the tail hoping it would somehow ease the pain. But it only made it worse. His eyes got teary and he turned off the water.
He used the small amount of eater that was in the tub to wash himself. The soap made the stinging worse.
Taehyung felt his gills were pained as well they hurted when he touched them with his hand.

He decided it was enough. He couldnt relax at all. He pushed himself out of the tub. When his dry and cracked tail hit the towel that was on the floor he let out a high pitched sound.

"Tae?" it was Jungkook, he was standing in front of the door.

"y-yes?" taehyung tried to cover the pain in his voice.

"are you okay?"

"yes, just finished bath."

"i see" then it went silent. Taehyung dried his tail without rubbing the scales too much and finnaly changed back to those legs. But he noticed they werent looking good either. He saw darker lines on his skin. He didnt notice it before.
Taehyung shrugged it off and opened the bathroom door to let jungkook inside. The raven smiled at him.

"goodmorming" he said.

"morning kookie" taehyung immediately felt better after seeing jungkook. Should he tell him?

The two brushed their teeth. Taehyung sat down on the edge of the bath. Jungkook looked at him. But his eyes were focussed on the mermans legs.
He spit out his toothpaste and rinsed his mouth.

"whats that?" he asked pointing to the dark spots on taehyungs legs. The shorts were not covering all of them.

"o-oh its nothing, just a bruise" taehyung quickly made up. Jungkook looked unsure but didnt question further.

-

Taehyung was watching Jungkook make breakfast sitting on the kitchen counter.

"can we go on date today?" taehyung asked.

"uhm-"

"you said maybe" taehyung interrupted him, not wanting jungkook to say 'no'.

"we can, but we will do something else this time."

"like what?"

"hm i want to take you to the bigger city"

"bigger, is there more?!" taehyung already thought this small town was big.

"there definetly are more. There are even more country's with new places and other laguages."

"wow"

"mhm" jungkook nodded and poked a piece of egg out of the pan feeding it to taehyung. He was making fried rice from the left over rice he still had.

"when are we going there, now?"

"hm maybe after dinner?"

"okay, thats good too" taehyung agreed. He was feeling hungry so it was good to eat first before going explore again.

"okay, hope you like it. Its not very special" Jungkook said after deviding the amount in two bowls.

"will we go with the car thingie?"

"yes. Its easier" jungkook answered and they took a seat at the table.

"so do we kiss more often now?" taehyung suddenly asked. Very unexpected to jungkook.

"yes. Wait no, i mean.. If you want to" Jungkook said and chucked a bit.

"i do want to. I like that" taehyung smiled. Jungkook smiled back his heart warmed.
He stood up and walked around the table. Taehyung watching the human approach with his round blue eyes.

Jungkook bend down and gently pecked taehyungs lips. The merman smiled wide after his eyes having a sparkle.

"there, a goodmorning kiss"

"i loved it" the merman giggled and quickly stuffed his mouth with rice to hide his blush.
Jungkook chuckled at the cute boy and sat down eating his own food.

---

I will try to doubke uodate since i have a good idea for next chapter. I didnt reread this well, im at school hehe. So sorry if there are more mistakes than usual.

Thank you for reading see you soon at the next update!
🌼🌼🌼