🐟 chapter 17

Taehyung was in bath, he didnt look happy. His smile was nowhere to be seen. He was staring at his tail. It hurted. He could feel the water burn his dry scales.

"i dont wanna go back" he said with teary eyes. He poured water from his hand over his tail. "please heal"
Everytime he took a bath or he got his tail. He saw it getting dryer and dryer. The scales had started to crack. It hurted to change now.

"come on" Taehyung knew what he was doing was no use. He needed to go back to the sea. He needed to heal there. He needed seawater. This water was too clean to make his tail survive all the time on land. He was drying himself out from staying here.

"i dont want to go...." he wiped his eyes with his hands and sniffled. He just wished to stay here with the human. Not to go back to the dark cold lonely sea.

*knock*

"Tae?"  it was Jungkook. Taehyung held his breath and looked at the door.

"y-yes?"

"are there long? i want to start making dinner"

"no, im done." taehyung said and got out of the bath.

"do you need help with drying?" jungkook asked.

"No, i can do this" taehyung said. He wanted Jungkook to help him, because he couldnt do it himself. And he liked Jungkook doing it. But he cant show jungkook his tail anymore. He just cant.

Taehyung had decided to stay that day. Even when he knew the consequences......

Taehyung shook off those thoughts and dried himself flapping the end of the tail hoping it would dry quicker.

-

"ah there you are" Jungkook smiled seeing Taehyung walk into the kitchen. The merman nodded and stood next to Jungkook looking at the carrot Jungkook was cutting.

"whats that?" he asked.

"its carrot, here try" Jungkook gave the boy a small piece of the cutted carrot. Taehyung looked at it with a small frown but ate it anyway.

"oh, its tastes strange but i like it."

"thats good, because it will be added in the soup." jungkook out the carrot pieces into the pan and got the union.

"can i help?" taehyung asked he wanted to do something too.

"sure, here you can cut the union" Jungkook shoved the knife and plate with the union to taehyungs side of the counter and got himself new ones.
He intrslucted the boy how to cut it by showing him it on one half.

"oh okay okay" Taehyung got the knife himself and cut the other half like Jungkook showed him. But soon hs eyes started to burn.
"ah my eyes!" he said and wanted to rub it.

"dont rub it! You have it on your hands" jungkook said grabbing taehyungs wrists. The merman frowned.

"why is it making me cry!?" he asked and looked at the union. "its poison!"

"no its not, its normal. Its a union" jungkook chuckled. He cupped taehyungs face and wiped the union tears away. The boy blushed at the action looking into Jungkook dark, almost black, brown eyes.
Jungkook felt his heart beating faster when he looked at taehyung. Feeling the soft skin of his cheeks between his hands.

"ah, uhm yea the soup"  jungkook cleared his throat for no specific reason and quickly finished the unions adding them to the soup.

Taehyung looked at the raven, his eyes big. He looked at him work, but he didnt look back it looked like he was avoiding eye contact.

"kookie?"

"hm?" jungkook still didnt turn around.

"i wanna help too"

"no, i will finish it now. You can set the table"

Taehyung pouted but did as told. He wanted to help. He didnt understand why jungkook changed so suddenly, they were just having fun.
He put the spoons and glasses on the table, adding a napkin on the side.

"im done, can i help now?" Taehyung asked seeing Jungkook was looking in the shelves.

"its almost done, go watch some tv or whatever."

Taehyung waited he didnt say anything. But still the human didnt look at him. Taehyung felt his heart hurt. Maybe Jungkook wasnt so kind? What if he got enough of him. He was just walking into his home. He never asked if he could stay here...

Taehyung turned around with a sad face and walked to the couch sitting down. He just stared at the black screen not even knowing how to turn on the tv, jungkook usually did that for him.

Meanwhile from the kitchen Jungkook had turned around looking at taehyung. He sighed.
He didnt want to make taehyung sad but he just didnt know what to do at the moment. Because just now he had felt something that he havent felt in a long time. The human didnt know what to do.

-

"its ready" Jungkook said. He put the two bowls down on the table and waited for taehyung. The boy sat down in front of him but didnt look at the other. Jungkook sighed softly.

"Tae"

"yes?"

"im sorry, i didnt mean to made you sad" Jungkook said.

"its okay, i understand"

"no you dont, i was acting bad. But please dont feel sad, im more than happy youre here"

"really?" Taehyung looked up.

"of course, i enjoy the time i have with you"

"i do to, i love it here" Taehyung smiled.

"thats good, now lets eat. We can watch a movie later together if you want"

"i would like that" taehyung said and grabbed his spoon. Tasting the soup.
"it tastes amazing!"

"my family's recipe"

"thats cool"

"do you have any dishes you eat in the sea?"

"seawead"

"do you also prepaire it, or anything like that?"

"no, i just eat it." taehyung said and looked a bit confused why jungkook would even ask that. He didnt cook it, he just put it in his mouth like that.

"oh right, why did i even ask" Jungkook chuckled. "well enjoy the food"

"uh okay"

---

Its getting interesting i think, i hope heh.

Thank you for reading see you at the next chapter!
🌼🌼🌼