Chapter 20 - Amanda

We had dinner with my family for New Year's Eve. And then Tony and I went to the lounge to meet with the vibes to celebrate the new year. It was near the beach.

I wore my long sleeves white dress with a red belt. Tony bought it for the Christmas gift.

We had so much fun. I grew closer with Madeline, Meredith and Rainey. They were really nice. I just realized this relaxed feeling I had with them was the same with the one I had with Elize. And I just realized that with Pen, Rachel and Lea everything was fake. Like I forced myself to belong with them even though deep down I know I didn't belong there.

It was so wrong from the very beginning and I was just too blind to realize it. And when Tony told me, I was mad at him. Stupid me.

I was enjoying my Smirnoff, while Tony nursed his whiskey. I leaned to him "don't drink too much. You have to drive me home"

He smiled softly and kissed my earlobe "I know, princess" he caressed my cheek with his nose, traveled down to my neck. I giggled happily.

"Get a room!" Drew said from the other side of the table. Tony pulled back and gave him a look "find yourself a girlfriend, Roderick"

Drew chuckled and shook his head.

"By now you should have realized that this couple is the king and queen of PDA, Drew" Madeline laughed.

I giggled and buried my face in Tony's chest. Tony kissed my head. "It's okay, Amy. They just envy" Tony said and earned boo from his friends. That was us. The lovey dovey couple. I had no idea how to resist Tony. It was not that we want to show the world that we are a couple. It was really more because we just couldn't resist each other.

I was talking about Christian Hall's latest album with Meredith. She was a big fan of his. "Amy!" Someone called me in a loud voice. I looked up from my seat. Penelope...

I drank my Smirnoff and smiled a bit "hi Pen"

"Hi... can we join you? I'm here with Rachel and Lea"

My friends looked at me with a worried face. Tony wrapped his arm around me. I shook my head "sorry Pen the table is full"

I saw Madeline trying to hold her smile. She was sitting behind Pen.

"Oh wow. No you are famous, you don't want to be friends with us anymore?" She said in disbelief.

"No, that will be you." I said in a steady, firm voice.

Her face flushed.

"I heard everything you said in the toilet at the Christmas party, Pen. And... I don't want to have a friend who wants to be my friend just because my name started with A, and now just because I'm with Tony and the Vibes"

"What the fuck?" Tony's head snapped to Pen. I didn't tell him about this. The only one who knows was Rainey, later Elize. But I asked them to not tell anyone, especially Tony.

Pen took a step back.

"Do you have any other words to say to me, Pen?" I asked her. My eyes focused on her. She swallowed and went away.

"Amy" Tony looked at me. "What did you just say?"

I bit my lower lip. There was no possibility for me to hide it from Tony. So I told him and the others at the table.

"God she is a bitch!" Meredith said.

I shrugged.

"And you didn't tell me about this?" Tony asked in disbelief.

"She is not important Tony" I caressed his back. He was pissed with me for hiding this from him. I gave him my smile. I knew he weak with this

Tony exhaled and looked away.