Chapter 37 - Anthony

Why am I so nervous? It's not like this is the first time I pick Amy for a date, and it's not like this is the first time I have a date. But somehow this feels like the first time.

I ring her apartment's bell.

Amy opens the door. Sweet Jesus! My eyes immediately landed on her chest. Not her chest, the pearl necklace there. I gave it to Amy 6 years ago in Miami.

Amy clears her throat. My eyes snap back at her face, but I couldn't utter a word.

She touches the necklace and her face blush prettily. "I... um... I'm going to take my bag. Give me a second" she runs back, the door almost closing on my face. I hold it. I look at Amy's back. She is wearing a simple red dress. My favourite colour in her, she knows it. My heart full when I imagine Amy chose this dress because of me. I smile to myself.

Amy turns around and looks at me. She smiles shyly and walks back. God, I thought 6 years ago she is the prettiest woman I've ever seen, Turns out she now is the prettiest...

Amy chuckles brings me back to her. "huh?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "I think I know what is on your mind Tony" she bites her lip and busies herself to lock the door.

I groan. "this our get to know again right?"

She looks at me and nods "uh huh..."

"Then don't tease me. Back then I was weak to you. Now, I don't think it gets any better" I say and she laughs.

***

Amy giggles while munching her In and Out burger in the car.

"What?" I chuckle.

She shakes her head, but her eyes filled with twinkles and happiness. "You still remember this"

I remember everything about you, Amy. I shrug "well, I'm afraid you have to spell it to me. I don't get what you mean." I'm faking a serious expression.

She jabs me lightly "drive thru" she says and I grin. Called it a cheap date. I don't care. As long as Amy loves it. Back then she told me she enjoyed the drive thru.

I grin at her and she shakes her head. The only difference is, back then we are inside my Tesla with me driving the car, now we are inside my Rolls Royce with the driver and partition.

"Tell me about you Tony! You've been such an asshole to me this 2 weeks, I didn't have a chance to talk with you"

"God I'm sorry Amy. I told you that"

"I know" she laughs again. I really love her laugh. "I'm okay now. Really. But I do really want to know about you too" she says.

I look at her. This is Amy. My Amy. God, how can I live without her all this time? Amy the one who always laughs easily, the one who always forgive me for my every stupid mistake, the one who always sincere about me, the one who always know how to make me smile and happy.

I look at her deeply. I just realized one thing, except about how I build Lockwood Tech I have nothing to tell. My heart was in pause when we broke up. My sole focus was to build Lockwood Tech so I can have enough money for our lives. Amy's and my life, together as one.

She looks at me still with her smile. Will she be okay if she knows that I was a mess without her?

"Um... my mom still lives in Maryland, healthy as horse" I say and that earns a giggle from her. See, I don't know how she can easily laugh with my simple words. "and my friends, I keep them small now. Drew, Mads and Mer. Peter, Sam and Sammy" I shrug.