Chapter 52 - Amanda

I wake up because my phone keeps ringing. What time is it now. I try to sit down but it's hard. I look at my body. Tony drapes his arm around me. I move his hand slowly and take my phone. Tip toeing to the couch. It's 6 in the morning. Jesus, last night Tony and I didn't sleep that much. We were busy exploring each other's body.

Yesterday Tony dropped me off at Ocean's place and he went to Drew. Later he picked me up again and drove us back to his apartment. This is the weekend after all.

"Hello?" My voice is still heavy from the sleep

"Can we speak with Ms. Amanda Lewis?"

"Yes it's me" I say rub my eyes.

"Ms. Lewis I'm Anne Connor from Bristol Hospital in Connecticut"

Gone my sleepiness "what happened?" I ask.

"Your aunt, Jana Lewis just got a heart attack. Her neighbor sent her here. And you are the only list in her family"

"Yeah I'm the only family she has. How is she now?"

"She is fine for now. You don't have to worry. But we need to keep her for a day. We don't know what she needs for now. But we need your signature if she needs any surgery treatment.

"Okay" I say weakly. "I'm in LA, let me find the ticket so I can fly to there"

"Sure. Thank you Ms. Lewis"

"Thank you too" I say and end the phone. I lean back.

"Princess" Tony comes to me and sits next to me "what's wrong?" He pulls me to his chest.

"I need to go back to Connecticut for a while"

"What happened?"

"Aunt Jana got a heart attack. She is in the hospital right now. The nurse asks me to come because I'm the only family she has" I exhale "Aunt Jana and I. Even though we are family, we are far from close. She hates me. She doesn't even care about me. She kicked me out once mom died. I was mourning in my room. She came with her toxic words and forced me to leave. I need to knock Henry's parents door and ask them to let me stay until I find an apartment. They are so nice. They welcomed me. They helped me a lot. They are more family to me than Aunt Jana" I say. My tears prickle from my eyes.

Tony caresses my hair. "You don't have to go if you don't want to"

I shake my head. "She is still my family, Tony"

"Then I'll come with you"

I shake my head. I want to. Like, really really want to have Tony by my side but he has Lockwood Tech to take care of. "You can't. Told you to not neglect your work"

He raises an eyebrow. "I have work at Connecticut, missy"

I chuckle "accompanying your girlfriend"

He grins "that too. But no. I have some business in Connecticut. Back then, I um... after the new year's eve I was so fucked up, I also um... fucked things up with one of my clients at Connecticut. So, I think it's time for me to reach them"

I smile. Pleased with Tony's words. "Okay" I say. "Why'd you never want to go there back then?"

Tony exhales. "Because I know if I went there I would go for you and I didn't know that you would like it or not."

I hug him "I feel my luck is at its worst when I'm in Connecticut. That's why I was eager to come back to LA"

"Now you have me. And you live here in LA. A day or two won't strike your luck"

I chuckle and nod.

"But I go there not just for work, I do also want to accompany my girlfriend. And I want to visit your mom"