Chapter 39 - Anthony

Will Madeline mad at me if I didn't stay until the end of the party? Of course she will. Most likely she will send Jack, the scary bodyguard, to kill you, Lockwood. Jeez... I barely can hold myself. Amy is so pretty, I want to have her just for me. I look at Amy, she is enjoying her time here with my friends... her old friends. Like now, she is talking happily with Rainey.

The host just announced for us to come near the stage. Ethan is going to take the garter from Madeline. "Go!" Amy says. I exhale "we are all know Christian will do his best to catch the garter"

She laughs, "yes, but still. You have to come forward or else Meredith will be suspicious" she shrugs. From my peripheral vision I see Meredith coming to us.

"Why are you still here? Afraid you will lose?" Meredith teases me. Ha ha... She is the only one who doesn't know the plan... well, along with other guests. But we know. Christian is planning to propose to her in a few minutes.

I kiss Amy's cheek and punch Meredith lightly. "Jesus Christ, Lockwood!" Meredith acts like I just killed her dog. I walk to the crowd and stand next to Drew and Christian "you ready, Mr. Hall?" I ask Christian.

He chuckles but I know it's a nervous chuckle. I look at him. "Are you nervous?"

Drew shakes his head "what kind of dumb question is that, Lockwood?"

"No, I mean you know Meredith loves you, right?" I look back at Christian.

"I know, but still... I don't know whether she is ready or not." he exhales, trying to relieve his nervousness. He clenched and unclenched his hands.

"You both live together, Christian" says Mike, he comes from my back and stands next to me. Mike Anderson is Ethan's best friend and right hand man in Hall Industries, He is Ethan's groomsman along with Christian as his best man.

"Live together and married are different, Mike" Christian says dryly, and we all chuckle. The Hollywood heartthrob is nervous like this to propose to his girlfriend. If there was a survey about this, I'm sure 100% of correspondents will answer 'Yes, Meredith will accept the proposal'. Not only because Christian is handsome, rich, and everything else, but also because just by a look you will know that Meredith loves him so much. But I guess it shows that Christian also loves her so much. Or else, he wouldn't be this nervous.

And as expected, Christian got the garter. Not only Ethan threw it to his way, but also Drew, Mike and I didn't really jump to get the garter.

"Jesus, my heartbeat thumps like it almost pop out from my ribcage now" Christian mutters. We all burst into laughter. I look at Meredith. She is so nervous. There is a possibility other women will get the bouquet and Christian has to put the garter to other women. Little does she know, Madeline plans to give the bouquet to her.

"Good luck dude!" we all say to Christian and walk away.

I come to Amy and hold her waist.

"I'm so nervous" Amy giggles and I chuckle "sorry miss, Christian Hall is not going to propose to you"

"Silly" she jabs my ribs and I hug her from behind. I kiss her shoulder and she smiles at me. We are all ready to witness the proposal.

"God, you two are still the same annoying couple who loves to PDA" Drew says under his breath. Amy and I laugh. This is not the first time Drew complained. Back then he often became our third wheels. Even though he acted like he was annoyed, the truth is he is happy for us.

"Then find yourself a girlfriend, Roderick" someone says behind us. We turn around. Ocean Goldreich is standing there with her smile.

"Hi Tony" she smiles at me.