Chapter 35 - Anthony

I am single.

I must be dreaming right now... So there is no--

"Tony" Amy's voice brings me back to the presents.

I clear my throat. "Can you say it one more time?"

"I never married. The only family I have is aunt Jana right now" she says softly.

"Your mom?"

She shakes her head "she died not too long ago"

"I'm sorry Amy"

She nods and looks at her laps. What about Henry? "Um... Amy... you said you never married..."

She looks at me "I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I already married. But no, that's not true. I don't have a husband. Never have"

I try so hard to not grin like an idiot. I almost lunged forward to hug her but I put myself in place "can.. can I hug you, Amy?" I ask her.

She chuckles "you are still the silly Tony"

I'm not waiting for her permission. I lunge and hug her tightly "God Amy... I missed you. I'm so sorry for what I did to you. I'm sorry" I inhale her vanilla scent deeply. Amy is back in my arms. She is not a forbidden fruit.

"Whatever happened that makes you think I have a family?" She pulls back.

"Um... I..." now I feel embarrassed. I look at her, she just looks at me and she is so pretty. I want to kiss her mouth. But I know I need to answer her first. "I saw you walk with Henry Bloom and a boy"

"When?" She frowns.

"December 31st at Connecticut" I say and her eyes widened. "So that's why you humiliate me like that at the hotel"

"I'm so sorry Amy" I hold her hands and look at her deeply. I want Amy to know that I meant it. "I'm so sorry"

"God Tony. The boy is Henry's brother"

"Henry's brother?" I ask dumbly.

She nods. "His dad has a mistress, the mistress was pregnant back then. Henry's mom asked her to abort the baby or she can give a birth to the baby and give the baby to Henry's family, and go far away from their family. The mistress chose the latter"

I rub my face. The hell I know there will be this kind of twist.

"And Henry's family is so nice to me. They asked me to have new year's eve dinner with them. That's why they picked me up from the office. And then they waited for me to change clothes and go to their house"

I curse. "I thought you were with him. The boy is like 4 or 5 years. I thought he was your son, that's why I was so angry because if he was your son that means..." I look away, feel embarrassed.

"That means I moved on so fast from you" she finished my words. I look at her "I'm sorry Amy..."

She shakes her head. "Nothing happened between Henry and I, Tony... well, I wouldn't lie to you. We tried that.. to see if there is a possibility for us. It happened one and a half year after we broke up, Tony"

"When I stopped sending you the email?"

She looks away and nods. "But it didn't work. There is no chemistry. So Henry and I decided to end our relationship and back as friends"

I want to ask more about her and Henry, but I promised myself to do better this time. And I don't care what happened with them. All I know is, Amy is single and I can pursue her now.

"what about us, Amy?" I ask softly.

She looks at me "what do you mean?"

"Us..." I say small. Now I feel uncertain with us. If I didn't do the stupid things I did to her. I have confidence to get her back. But now...