Chapter 64 - Amanda

I know I'm a coward, after I finished the dinner I managed to run from Tony's apartment. Said that I have a super important meeting on Monday that I need to prepare. Liar go to hell. I know but I can't stay there any longer. All my walls crumble by Tony's honest words before the dinner. I'm ready to jump back to him and forget about all the bombs in my head.

The next morning there is a package for me from Tony. What now?

huh... a USB...

I open my laptop and plug the USB. There is a video. I open it...

"Tony's love life footage" giggles someone behind the camera. The video is dark and the quality isn't that good. The girl in front of the camera turns to the camera. It's Madeline "are you recording now?" she asks, the other girl says yes. And it's Meredith.

The camera now facing Tony and Drew, with Tony holding the cake. "Why are you hesitant?" Drew jabs Tony.

"No I'm not!" Tony says.

"Yeah yeah, talk to yourself" Drew says, their expressions are blurry since the quality isn't that good. But there are giggles in the video. "what now?" Tony looks at Meredith and looks at the camera "seriously Mer? I thought you won't put this on social media"

"No, I'm not. It's just for the footage. One day I'll make a film. Mr. Lockwood love story" and all of them burst into laughter, including Tony.

"Come on! Call her!" Jase says.

Tony inhales deeply and presses something on his phone.

"Oh, he is so nervous!" Madeline says.

"Shut up Mads!" Tony says.

"Look at you! You are sweating!" Madeline laughs, followed by the others.

"God, why did I allow all of you to come?" Tony mutters and puts the phone to his ear. "Amy?" he rakes his hair.

"Shit... are you sleeping?" Tony panicked, and the others laugh. "Sorry. I.. um..." he rakes his hair and looks up. "I... I just want to say happy birthday to you. Sorry I wake you up"

I chuckle softly. This is from 6 years ago. My birthday...

"Um... you want to continue your sleep?" Tony asks while his friends shake their heads frantically including Meredith, the one who holds the phone, because the video is shaking.

"Um... is that okay for you to come down for a while?" he asks again and this time his friends nod in unison.

"Um.. nevermind. Good night Amy" Tony says, fidgeting in his feet.

"What?" Jase whispers in high tone.

"Happy birthday Amy!" Madeline and Meredith say together. Followed by Jase and Drew.

Tony put his hand on the phone and hiss to his friends "Jesus Christ what are you guys doing?"

"What are you doing? We are already here and you have to give the cake anyway!" Madeline argues.

"Yeah, but she was sleeping" Tony still hissing

"And now she is awake, dude" Drew says matter of factly.

"Yes, but--"

The door opens, Tony jumps back and almost falls from his feet. And that's me. I'm coming out of my house.

I feel my eyes hot.

Jase hisses something to Tony and takes the cake, preventing him from ruining it.