Chapter 30 - Amanda

I sit in the corner of a fancy japanese fusion restaurant, Norikana. Yesterday in the meeting, Meredith asked me to have dinner with her. I said no but she insisted. So here I am in the restaurant that Meredith chose for us. She is the Hollywood superstar, she can't choose any random restaurant since the paparazzi keep their prying eyes on her. Especially after the news about her and Christian Hall. I wonder if she ever hooked up with Christian Hall. They will make a handsome couple actually. But if she is with Tony, I doubt Christian Hall has a chance. Tony is an amazing man, not to mention that Meredith and Tony have been together as a friend since 6 years ago.

"Hi Amy!" Meredith comes to me. I stand up and she hugs me "thanks for coming. I was afraid you wouldn't come" she smiles. She is wearing another fancy dress. Tonight she is wearing a low cut plunge neckline cream dress. The hem of the dress is short, stops at her upper thighs, showing her long, well tanned sexy legs. The dress hugged her petite figure perfectly. She completed her look with nude shoes and a green Hermes Kelly Cut bag.

I look at her and I feel underdressed. I'm wearing my red halter neck dress. It hugged my figures perfectly too, but I'm in size 10, while Meredith may be in size 2. I'm wearing my silver heels and silver pouch.

"You look even prettier than 6 years ago, Amy" Meredith says genuinely. I smile at her "and you look like a goddess" I say.

Sbe giggles "thank you. By the way do you want to order the food? Or we can ask the chef to make something special for us?"

I shrug "this is my first time. What about if you help me to make a decision"

"Perfect!" She calls the waitress and asks them to tell the chef to make something special for us. When the waitress is gone she looks at me again.

"You often came here?" I ask her.

She nods. "My boyfriend has a share here. So sometimes we came here"

"Your boyfriend?" Actually what I want to ask is.. your boyfriends as in Tony?

"Yeah. That's what I want to talk with you about" oh no! "It's not Tony" she says and looks at me deeply.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I bite my lower lip.

"Amy, I'm sorry for the stupid gossip about us. But my friendship with Tony is still the same like 6 years ago. We are still the best friends."

"It's not my business, Mer" I say weakly even though I feel a big rock lift up from my body.

"I just want to clear the air between us." She smiles.

I smile at her, this time I can smile more naturally. "Thanks Mer"

She nods. "How are you, Amy? I'm glad you can come back to LA. Let's have another lunch or dinner. If not as Tony's girlfriend at least we can meet up as a friend. Madeline also misses you. Rainey too" she smiles.

I shrug "Thank you, Mer. I feel welcomed. I finished my bachelor degree in Connecticut and started to work in a PR company there. My mom died last year, and I started to apply for a job in LA. You know, I stayed in Connecticut because of mom."

"I'm sorry for your loss" Mer smiles sympathetically.

"Thank you. But the truth is I feel better after her death. I mean she can be reunited with Billy. And she doesn't have to feel hurt anymore"

Meredith nods. "Yeah. And she will be very proud to see you here right now"

I chuckle "yeah..."

"Um... are you coming to LA with your family?"

"No. Aunt Jana is still in Connecticut. Actually after mom's death she kicked me out from her house"