Chapter 26 - Anthony

Move on...

I really need to move on from Amy. I'm in the middle of lunch with my date, Emily Copperfield. I met her at the Hall Charity. As usual I came alone and I only came to the charity because Madeline was whining and forcing me to come.

Emily was there with her date that night, but she kept talking to me. In the end, we exchanged phone numbers. Since then, she kept contacting me even though I made it clear to her I'm not into her.

But, after the new year eve, after the encounter with Amy. I have a new resolution this year. Move on from Amanda Lewis. Get back to the normal life. Normal life means I have to be back in the market. Start dating another women, getting to know each other, having sex and everything.

The last time I had sex was with Amy. It's crazy how can I make my life hermit like that. And my dick agreed with me all the time. I thought I was impotent. But no... sometimes I had to jerk off, and it was easy because I still remember Amy's moan and curves... shit! Why are we talking about her again? I need to move on. Move on means stop talking and thinking about her.

I look up. Emily is still talking about the latest shoes or whatever it is with crocodile shit skin. My phone rings. I look at it. Madeline. "I'm sorry, Emily. I have to take it"

"Sure" she says happily.

I stand up and go to the corner of the restaurant near the overall windows. We are having lunch at the Roderick Hotel in Malibu. At their 50th floor. Facing the beach.

"Hello baby" I say to the phone. It's not that I have to go away from Emily, but somehow my head is a little bit dizzy with her endless chat.

Madeline's laugh rang on the phone. I smile. I'm so happy for her. She found her ever after. Ethan Hall, the heir of Hall Industries falling in love head over heels with her. I have known Ethan for some times now. Even before he knows Madeline. Hall Industries is one of my biggest clients, okay it's the biggest with all of his division using my tech securities. So, I've seen him when he is in the business mode or in the normal civilized mode. But it's nothing compared to Madelinemode. He becomes so sweet, soft, nice, loving and every other thing you can relate to 'besotted in love guy'. It's like we have 2 Ethan Halls.

"Where are you?"

"Um... Roderick hotel in Malibu"

"Huh? What are you doing there? Dating with Andrew?"

"Ha ha very funny, Mads" I say dryly. "No... I um... having lunch with... Emily"

Somehow I can feel Madeline is blinking her eyes. "Emily Copperfield?"

"Yeah..." I say slowly, waiting for her reaction.

"I.. u..." now she is opening and closing her mouth but nothing comes out. Madeline along with Drew and Meredith thought (and still think) that Amy and I will reunite one day. Even you thought of that too! I do... I mean I did. Not anymore since Amy already has her own family. The bitterness of her betrayal still fresh on my mind... is that a betrayal? Not really since we broke up 6 years ago. But.. At least she could tell me she already has her own family. So I could move on.

I exhale "look Mads... whatever it is on your mind, just stop it okay. We both know what happened"

"Yeah... but..."

"But nothing. And it's not nice for me to talk with you and abandon Emily"

"Okay" she says in a small voice. Means she agrees with me but she rather not agree.

"By the way why are you calling me?" I just realized that I haven't asked her this.

"Nothing. I just want to invite you to have dinner here with Drew, Meredith and Christian"