Chapter 63 - Amanda

Madeline: he is fine and in his apartment now. But I think he needs a nanny to assist him since he is limping. Since he fractured his ankle too. But anything else he's good especially his mouth since he keeps calling me nanny whale 😡

I chuckle. I'm glad their friendship is still good. I felt so bad when I heard Mads and Tony fought because of me.

Beep.

Tony: Amy, can I call you?

It's been two days since he was discharged from the hospital and he keeps asking me to have a call with him. I exhale. Now he already knows about my condition. What should I do?

And as usual I ignored his text.

Evening comes, I go back to my place. Elize and Henry will come here. Since lots of my friends already know my condition. It'd be better if Elize and Henry hear this from me.

The bell rings. I inhale deeply and open the door "hi" I say to Elize. She comes in with a glass of bubble tea. I chuckle "again?"

She shrugs and kisses my cheek.

"Mr. Rinaldi is okay with me monopolizing you?"

She laughs a bit "he's fine. Actually he is in St. Sicilia right now handling some business"

I nod. I just want to sit when another bell rings. I open it up and Henry comes in. He hugs me. "Sorry I'm late. The meeting is just finished"

"Where is Alila?"

"Having her girl's night out with her friends" he says.

"Somehow I am amused with your relationship with Alila" Elize says. We both look at her in question.

"She is fine with you coming here to meet your ex-girlfriend," she shrugs.

I give her a look "why do you sound like it's a dirty rendezvous?"

"I'm not" she chuckles. Henry chuckles and shakes his head. It's just Elize and her usual witty mind.

Now we are all sit down, it makes me feel nervous to tell them about the news.

I inhale deeply and look at them "I... there is a possibility for me to have Huntington Disease" I say.

Nothing...

They just look at me. No surprise at all.

"I...um... you guys know?" I ask warily.

They nod in unison.

"What?" I squeak

There is another bell.

"I um..." I gesture at the door and they nod. How come they know? I ask myself when I walk to the door.

I open the door and a boy brings a big bouquet of red roses.

"Sorry?" I look at the bouquet and the boy.

"For Ms. Amy Lewis"

"Yes that's me. But... from who?" I ask, confused.

He gives me the flower. "Can you sign here please?"

"Yeah" I say and sign. I look at the sender in the paper. Tony Lockwood. "What?" I look at the boy.

"Thank you mam!" He walks away leaving me there on the door with a huge bouquet of roses.

I blink a few times and get inside. My two friends chuckle at me. They know.

I sit back in my place. "so?" I ask them.