Chapter 43 - Amanda

Elize: what is with this picture, missy?

There is a picture attached in her text. Tony and I earlier in the entrance. I chuckle to myself. Elize is in Italy, so I haven't updated her with Tony.

I just want to reply to her when someone calls me. "Well well.. looks like someone is ignoring my words"

I turn around. Emily Copperfield. "Hi Emily" I say, managing all my calmness in a voice.

She comes closer to me in her sexy black gown. She looks like Maleficent.I inhale deeply, bracing myself for her venomous words.

"Do you think I couldn't pull the plug from Lockwood Tech?" she smirks

"You can ask your daddy to not sign the contract with Lockwood Tech, but you can't pull Lockwood Tech down" I say.

"Oh wow... looks like the little kitten turns to cat now"

I shake my head and chuckle. I'm not going to fall to her bait.

"Look, Amanda Lewis. I know you are Tony's ex girlfriend back then. I know you two think that this relationship will be full of laughs and flowers like the old days. But let me tell you something. You. Are. Wrong!"

I just stare at her.

"Tell me how many guys you banged after you broke up with Tony?" she says and suddenly the image of the past comes to my mind. I feel like I couldn't breathe.

"How many women Tony banged after he's done with you?" she chuckles. But I couldn't hear any of her words anymore. I feel like I want to faint.

Suddenly Emily stops and smiles friendly at me. What the hell is she doing now? My mind is too sluggish to think.

"Amy" comes Tony's voice behind me and he wraps his arm protectively around me.

"Hi Tony! Congratulations on the new product" Emily says happily.

"Em" Tony nods, but his voice sounds cold.

"Talk to you later Amy. See you Tony" she smiles and sashays away.

"Amy, princess" Tony turns me to look at him.

I look at his shoulders.

"Amy" Tony pulls my chin to look up at him "What did she tell you? Tell me"

I shake my head. "I want to go to the toilet" I extricate myself from Tony and walk without waiting for him.

***

I really want to splash myself in the mirror. But I need to maintain my makeup. God, give me strength. I need to stay focused.

"Amy" I look up to find Madeline. She locks the restroom door. So it's just the two of us inside the toilet.

I clear my throat "Mads"

She pulls me to sit on the couch near the vanity. The restroom is so big, with too many toilets and there is also a vanity space.

"Are you okay?" she asks softly. I just stare at her. Does she know?

"Why are you here?" I ask her back.

"Tony asks me to" Madeline smiles softly. "he said something is wrong with you and you ran to the toilet. Was it Emily Copperfield?"

I nod slowly.

"She is bad news. Don't listen to her" Mads says.

I look at her. "how..."

"I don't know what she said to you, Amy. But whatever it is, don't trust her."