Chapter 28 - Amanda

I keep nodding every few minutes just to make everyone think that I'm following the meeting. The truth is I can't hear anything because my heart thumps wildly inside my ribcage, my vision is tunneling to Tony, my mind keeps thinking why he has to humiliate me like that at the hotel?

"I want Amanda Lewis to be my PR" Tony's voice brings me back to the meeting.

"What?" I squeak.

Edith's head snaps at me. It's not nice of me to squeak like that in front of clients, but...

I clear my throat. "I'm sorry T... Mr. Lockwood. I think it's better for you to have Peter as your PR. He-"

"So you think you are incapable to handle me?" He cuts me. Somehow the way he says 'handle me' sounds so inappropriate in my ears.

"That's not what I mean Mr. Lockwood. I mean you and Peter are friends... close friends. It will be easier for you to coordinate everything-"

"I want you to be my PR, Ms. Lewis" he says firmly.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. Edith clears her throat. "Excuse me, Mr. Lockwood... we have policy for our client that it has to be mutual between you and us for the one who will handle personal image. I can't let you do this to my team" Edith says firmly. Her eyes on Tony.

Tony leans back. Oh shit... "then, I pull my company from Clayton & co." He smirks smugly.

God I want to punch his face right now!

I hear gasp from Edith and Sam. But somehow I already guessed this. The way his body leaning to his seat with his superior smile. I still can read him.

"You can't do that, Tony!" Sam glares at him. But Tony's eyes still hold mine. He doesn't even answer Sam.

"The decision is yours to make, Ms. Lewis" he says still with his smirk. His hand caressing his whisker. His sexy whisker- God Amy!! Stop it!

Edith looks at me, I don't know what is on her mind. I just see her from my peripheral vision. My eyes still focus on Tony.

I swallow hard. "Okay. I'll handle your personal image, Mr. Lockwood" I say firmly. "With a condition..."

He gestures to me to continue.

"You will cooperate with me and open with my suggestions"

"Okay. But you have to work closely with me. Follow me to every meeting, dinner, event and work at Lockwood Tech."

"Sorry, Mr. Lockwood... Amanda works for Clayton & co. She has responsibilities to go to here to work." Edith says firmly.

"Okay 4 days a week she has to come to Lockwood Tech"

"No. 20 hours a week. Including events outside the working hour. She can reimburse all the expenses on you. And she can choose to not come to the event if she thinks the event isn't important. And she can ask Peter to substitute her if she couldn't make it without prior notice" Edith says, her eyes holding Tony's now. Her face doesn't smile. Not the 'friendly face to the clients' face. More like 'don't fuck with me' face.

I bite my lower lip and look at Tony.

"30 hours" Tony says.

"25 hours" Edith says. Somehow they look like they bet on something.

"Okay 25" Tony says. "She has to come to every event and Peter can't substitutes her"

"Can't. If you want her to come to every event that means Peter can substitute her. If not, then she can choose which event she wants to come" Edith says.