Chapter 33 - Anthony

Emily pulls my neck and kisses me. I pull back from her gently. "Em stop!" I say. I hear a small gasp. I look back. Amy is there. Her hand on her mouth.

"Amy" I look at her.

She swallows hard and runs away.

Fuck!

I try to follow Amy, but Emily holds my wrist. "Tony, where do you want to go? My dad is waiting down there"

Philip Copperfield, the owner of Copperfield restaurant's chain, comes here to talk about the apps. They are planning to use our program.

Emily never cared about the business, but one time she came to her father's office when I was there approaching her father to use our system and program. Afterwards, her father decided to use our program. And Emily always came whenever we had meetings, including today.

"Emily give me a minute" I extricate myself from her. "Sue, can you help me to take Ms. Copperfield back to the meeting room?" I don't wait for them to respond. I run to Amy's office.

I put her on the same floor as mine because I want to have her near me. But I put her in the opposite corner from mine because I don't think I can stop myself from coming to her if she is just at the next door.

I open the door slowly.

She is sitting behind her table. Her hands cover her face. From the way her body is shaking, she is crying.

"Amy" I come closer to her and kneel in front of her. Even though I know she already has her own family, I can't act like I don't care. Because I care. I care so much about her.

She shakes her head, her hands still covering her face. "Just leave me alone, Tony. Please" her voice is small.

"Amy. Look at me" I say, forcing my hands to stay at the chair's handles instead of caressing her skin.

She shakes her head "I can't. Please Tony. Leave me alone. It's not nice of you for leaving your girlfriend like that"

"She is not my girlfriend"

"Whatever Tony. Just leave me alone. Please Tony. I beg you" she angles herself far from me. Her voice is so miserable.

I exhale. "We will talk after I have my meeting. Okay?" I say softly and she just nods. I reluctantly leave her.

***

Finally the meeting is over. It's lunch time already. Philip Copperfield asked me to have lunch with him and Emily. I wanted to refuse but I can't. They are my client and it's not nice of me to ditch them.

At lunch, my mind keeps drifting back to Amy. What is she doing now? Is she still crying? I hope her eyes aren't swollen. God, she is another man's wife.

"So, are you two together now?" Philip asks me.

Emily giggles and puts her head on my shoulder "dad stop it! You embarrassed us!"

I clear my throat. I don't know where I stand with Amy but I can't blatantly lie to Philip as well. "No sir. We're just friends" I smile a bit.

I tried to date with Emily more than once to see if we can be more than friends. But I can't. Not only because Emily bored me with her endless speech about clothes and shoes and bags, but also because I still can't move on from Amy. I tried to. Really. I even tried to have sex with Emily. But after a kiss I felt something wasn't right. So I stopped and went back to my home, alone. And I don't have to be a dick to make Emily think I like her. So I stopped contacting her. But maybe she didn't get the signal.