8. DID I JUST MAKE 'THE' LEXI HUNT BLUSH?

JORDAN'S POV

Stop at ** and start at the next** if you wanna skip the smut

"Vodka please. Neat." Lexi requested the barman. "What about you Jordan?"

"Whiskey neat." I ordered. The barman served us our drinks. She gulped her's down in one go. "another please."

"Are you okay?" I was so worried about her. I hated the fact Lexi was dancing with another guy, the same way she was with me a while ago. But I could tell something was off.

But when Lexi turned her head towards me, her eyes never left mine. I froze in that second. She had captured me totally. When that asshole forced her to kiss him, I swear in that second all I could think off was knocking the daylights out of him.

"Yeah. I'm absolutely fine." She mustered a smile.

"That's like my girl." I smiled.

I was proud of her for dealing with the situation the way she did. That's the only way such guys would learn what's right and what's wrong. Crap, I called her my girl aloud. What if things became awkward?

"By the way, what was it that you wanted to ask me?" I attempted to steer away the topic. Her text kept me tossing and turning the entire night. What was so important?

"It's about Sophie." About Sophie? What?

"She's really sweet and I'm sure she likes you. And if I'm not wrong, you like her as well. So, the challenge that we made earlier, or seducing each other and all, that has to stop." She sighed. "It won't be fair for Sophie."

"Yeah. You are right. We should stop." I grimaced.

I lied. I didn't want us to stop. Teasing Lexi was so much fun. I'm sure she enjoyed it as well. Stopping all of this meant no more fun, no more sneak attacks that I had planned.

Lexi managed to give me a smile again. But I don't think it was sincere. But she is right. It's unfair to Sophie, and I kinda liked her. I had to change the topic, fast.

"You took that asshole down pretty well." I chuckled. "Self-defence classes?'

"Nah, I used to street-box when I was younger." Lexi smirked.

"Seriously?" I asked incredulously. She laughed,

"Damn Jordan you're so gullible. Of course, self-defence classes. I made it compulsory for the women who work for me."

"Oh okay." I rubbed my neck nervously. I was doing a lot of that around Lexi. I wonder why.

"I'm gonna hit the lady's room. I'll see you after." Lexi stumbled out of her chair.

There was one thing I had to do before we could finally put all the challenges behind us. I waited for some distance to build, then I followed Lexi and waited for her in the storage room right next to the washrooms.

* * (nothing major here)

As soon as I saw Lexi step out, I grasped her wrist and pulled her into the storage room.

"Jordan! Asshole! You scared me. Again! This is the third time since we met." She began ranting.

There was only one way to get her to stop talking. I pulled her closer to me and took her mouth in mine. The kiss was fast, but passionate. Her fingers entangled my hair as she let out a soft moan. 

"I told you you'll lose the bet." Lexi broke the kiss and smirked.

"Shut up and kiss me." I ordered. My voice was huskier than usual. Oh, how this woman drove me mad with desire.