13. LOVE, JACKSON AVERY

LEXI'S POV

One date.

That's all Jackson wanted to prove that he was a 'changed man'. Jordan and I had planned something superb for Sophie, so I doubted any of Jackson's dates could top that. But oh boy I was wrong.

A while after Jordan left, a delivery guy comes up. He hands me a note first.

Lexi,

I hope you liked my basket. I have also picked out a dress for you. Humour me by wearing it. Meet me at South Street Seaport by The Comet. I'll be waiting for you. 8pm sharp.

(Oh, and I know you enjoy wine and music while dressing up, so it's all in there for you.)

Love, Jackson Avery.

When I finished reading the note, the guy handed me a package. Jackson had sent me a customised basket of all my favourites. Handmade sea salt chocolate, a bottle of my favourite wine, a mixtape, some skin care products that I liked and a few more things here and there.

I popped open the bottle of wine and poured myself a glass. Hannah brought out my old cassette player and I put on the tape. MJ's Beat It blared through my room. I loved all of the Legend's songs.

I then ripped open the package. Out I pulled a deep red dress made of pure silk. It had a plunging V-neck that ended mid-torso with an all-round belt. The dress flowed below hip with a nice long cut to the left, allowing me to show off my fabulous legs.

The dress must have cost him a lot, that's for sure. Hell, everything must have. Kylie likes to call my taste 'elite' because I stick to quality not caring about the price. Not to sound like a snob, but I never had an extensive wardrobe like the other kids in my school, so I prefer treating myself now that I'm older. 

Once I was out of my bath, I sat at my vanity to do my make-up. I applied very light make-up, going slightly more heavier on the eyes. I then proceeded to curl my hair into soft beach waves. I slipped on my dress and wore my favourite black heels. Touched up my lipstick, fluffed my freely flowing hair and walked out of the room.

Sea-salt chocolate was calling my name. I delved into the box and ate a few before leaving to met Jackson.

"Wendy? Where are you?" Wendy wasn't waiting with my car for me as usual. Wendy told me that Jackson had asked her not to drive me tonight. What was that guy up to?

A few minutes later, a limousine pulls up in front of my building. "Limo for a Ms. Lexi Hunt."

The driver opened the door and I sat inside. Damn Avery out did himself. I never expected all of this. It made my heart melt a little. I found a champagne bottle in a cooler inside the limo.

But I couldn't find the opener. Instead, I found another note.

Looking for the opener? I have it. Carry the bottle with you. I can't let the party start without me now, can I?

Jackson x

He knew me well and my love for all things liquor. I just chuckled at his behaviour. Still cocky, but nothing I couldn't handle now.

My mind wandered to how Jordan's date with Sophie must be going. Knowing better, I didn't text him to find out. I didn't wanna interrupt the soon to be happy couple.

We reached the port. I stepped out of the car, straightened my dress, and walked confidently towards The Comet. On the yacht stood an extremely sexy Jackson Avery in all his black tuxedo glory. The deck was lit up like India on Diwali. Jackson walked downstairs and gave me his hand.