40. TURN AROUND

Another Friday night, another outing at Rave with Kylie and a few others from work. But this time, it was going to be all so different. The fate of my love life lied in that gorgeous blue eyed boy. If he makes an appearance, life goes on happily. If not, well we'll get to that.

I was going to Rave after quite some time. I stopped going there because of the amount of 'Jordan memories' it held for me. Today was going to be another breakthrough.

I pulled out my black leather body-con dress after long and topped it off with black pencil heels, mascara, and free-flowing hair. When I reached the place, I found Kylie already dancing with Mia and Olive.

She waved out as soon as she saw me. I made my way quickly towards them.

"Hey Hunt!" she hugged me. "Let's dance!"

After a few songs, I made my way to the bar alone. I was scared to check my watch. Jordan was supposed to arrive at 8pm. I was dancing since 7:30 and now it was almost 8:30. He was half an hour late, which gave me my answer.

Jordan's not coming.

I drowned my sorrows, again. "Lexi? What's up?" Kylie asked with a worried look on her facing after seeing my depressed one.

"After you locked Jordan and me in my office, we started talking." I explained.

"I knew it! My methods always work!" she patted herself on her back .

Tequila wasn't enough for a change. "Bourbon, neat." I ordered at the bar.

I rolled my eyes before continuing, "That's when it came out in the open, that Jordan and Sophie had broken up and Jackson and I have broken up."

"So you guys didn't know that about each other?" she asked with a confused look on her face. I shook my head sideways.

"Maybe if I was in New York and didn't take the tour with you I would have known earlier." I shrugged disappointed. Our girl's trip had a strict 'no-boy talk' policy. Maybe that's why the topic never came up.

"He loves someone." I let the fiery liquid burn down my feelings along with my throat.

"Oh my God!" Kyles exclaimed. "Did he tell you who?" she asked excitedly.

"Nope." I denied. "But he asked me mine."

"That was the perfect opportunity to tell him that you love him! Hunt please, please tell me you told him so!"

"In that moment, there was only one thing I could do, I kissed him, and I told him if that gave him his answer, to meet me at 7:30 here at Rave."

"Woah! That was ballsy." She said before checking her watch. "But it's currently 8:40, so..."

"So, it means he's not coming." Kylie didn't waste a single second before draping her arms around me and pulling me into a long hug.

"Good Evening New York!" the DJ greeted us all. "This is DJ Mike and I hope you all are having a good time." The crowd began screaming like crazy, hooting as a response.

"We have a very special announcement this evening." He continued. The crowd went silent. "And this one's for Lexi Hunt."

The spotlight was throw upon me. Kylie squeezed my arm in excitement as a loud cheer erupted from the table my colleagues were at. It took me a second to comprehend what was happening.

The spotlight guided me towards the centre of the dance floor.

"Hunt!" Kylie jerked me. "Go on!"

I stumbled off the bar stool and stood awkwardly in the centre. More than a hundred pairs of eyes were focused on me. I had never felt so conscious before.