36. DO WE HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING?

JACKSON'S POV

DAY TEN AFTER LEXI'S ACCIDENT

Roughly ten days had passed since Lee's accident. The doctors said she was improving slowly and steadily which was apparently a good sign.

Just like Kylie, I too wasn't able to get hold of Jordan Jones. But I managed to contact Jenny, his sister. I had Lexi's phone with me. I scrolled through her contacts and found one of Jordan's sister's number saved under 'Jenny'. I remembered Lee mentioning her a couple of times.

She picked up on the third ring. "Hello. This is Jennifer."

"Hi Jennifer, this is Jackson Avery. I am Lexi's boyfriend, well, was." I told her.

"Hi Jackson, what can I do for you?" she asked kindly.

"I'm actually looking for Jordan. Kylie and Ethan have been trying to get in touch with him but haven't been able to do so. Sophie told us he went back home."

"Yes he's here at home, but he has shut himself in his room like a teenager, mulling over his breakup." Jenny joked. "Is there a message that I could take?"

"Yes please and I'm afraid I do not have good news."

"Is everything alright?"

"Lexi met with an accident, roughly ten days ago." I informed her.

"Oh my God! How is she now? Is she alright?" Jenny panicked.

"She has been in a medically induced coma ever since. The doctors says she's recovering."

"Oh thank God."

"That's why all of us were desperately trying to get in touch with Jordan." I told her.

"I wish we were there right now, but unfortunately we're not at home. I am out on a work trip and Jordan came back home so crushed, he needed intense therapy. He won't be able to leave Philly for the next ten odd days." Jenny informed me.

"It's okay. I'll keep you updated with her condition." I sighed.

"Thank you so much Jackson." She said before ending the call.

DAY FIFTEEN AFTER LEXI'S ACCIDENT

"Bro, we need you." Ethan called me up.

"Why, what happened?" I asked confused. I was at work, so I had absolutely no clue as to what was happening back at the hospital.

"Lexi's mom is arriving in the next ten minutes." Ethan's voiced dropped down. Oh damn this was gonna be quiet the day.

When I arrived at the hospital, I saw Beth at the reception desk. "Beth!" I greeted her.

"Oh Jackson!" she gushed and threw her arms around me, pulling me into an unnecessarily long hug.

"Hello Beth, we should get going to Lexi's room. I'm sure you must be waiting to see her.

"Hello Mrs. Hunt." Kylie greeted followed by Ethan.

"Hello kids. Ethan it's good to see you after long. How's your arm?" she asked looking at his cast.

"Much better now, thank you." he said curtly. Clearly all three of us were angry at Beth for not being there for Lexi when required.

She fondled Lexi's forehead, pushing a few strands of her hair behind. "Oh my baby. Mommy's here now, you are gonna be fine."

Beth turned to us. "How did this happen?" her voice choaked with tears.

"Lexi and I were on our way to meet Jackson, that's when another car crashed into us." Ethan explained.