16. I'LL BE FINE

Trigger warning: a scene in this chapter might be uncomfortable for a few readers. Only read if you are comfortable, if not, stop at * and resume at **

"Tall, very muscular, a gym junkie perhaps. Grey eyes with black rim. That's all that I have on him." I told the officer for probably the hundredth time.

"If there's one thing I cannot forget, is his eyes. I can recognise them anywhere. Also, there was a tattoo of an arrow on the side of his neck." I added.

The police officer noted all that I said onto his notepad. "You left Graham's café around 3pm when you took a detour to the alley and your stalker confronted you there. You managed to escape. And your boyfriend arrived just in time to take you back to work."

I wanted to scream mentally at his assumption of Jordan being my boyfriend. What I didn't know whether it was in excitement or frustration.

Jordan didn't bother to correct the officer, so even I overlooked it.

"How did you know where Ms. Hunt was?" the officer, named Alex turned towards Jordan with a questionable look on his face.

"I always have her location on my phone. Since it was already 3pm, I decided to grab a bite at the same café." Jordan lied smoothly.

We decided to leave the hacking part out so Jordan wouldn't get into any kind of trouble.

"Alright. Thank you for your co-operation. We'll keep an eye on him. If he tries to contact you again please inform us immediately." Officer Alex instructed before leaving Jordan's apartment.

"That took two hours! Damn." Jordan mumbled. Even I didn't realise the time. "Wanna grab lunch?"

"Actually, I should be getting back to my apartment. I can ask Hannah to cook for the both of us." I admitted.

"Hannah's cooking? Awesome!" Jordan drove us back to my apartment. Hannah had our lunch ready for us by the time we arrived.

"Shoot. I should call Sophie and cancel dinner." He pulled out his phone as we ate.

"No! no way! You should go. I'll be fine." I shrugged.

"Ah cwanut eeve oo avone." Jordan spoke through a spoon full of creamy mash potatoes.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Sorry." He mumbled sheepishly after swallowing. "I cannot leave you alone."

"Yes, you can. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. Besides, I need to tell Jackson what happened. So, we'd probably go out for dinner." I told him and bit into my steak.

"Oh. Okay then. As long as your safe Lexi." Jordan smiled sadly. 

Once Jordan left, I rang Jackson up and told him to meet me at one of the restaurants closer to my apartment. I threw on a black spaghetti, low V-neck top, with blue skinny jeans. Pulled my hair into a ponytail and topped the outfit off with white converse and a brown over-coat.

Wendy dropped me off. I found Jackson seated in a white pollo neck shirt and some jeans. The setting was a lot more casual than the previous night.

"Heck Hunt, I knew I made an impression two nights ago, but I didn't expect you to call so soon." Jackson smirked and got up to hug me.

"There's nothing better than free food Avery. And just because you made that dick-head comment, you're paying." I faked glared at him breaking the hug.

"So, something happened yesterday." I began half-way through the meal. Jackson looked up from his plate and nodded for me to continue.

"I am being stalked, and day before yesterday, the fucker attacked me when I was out for lunch." I told him softly.