4. NICE JOB, BUDDY

New day. New outfit. But the same old job I loved so very much. Work kept me busy as always. I studied previous cases fought against the Avery Foundation. I examined every single of their strategies. I searched for patterns in their wins and losses. Mostly wins though.

Mia had set up a meeting with Mr. Grey later this afternoon. My phone buzzed. "This is Lexi Hunt."

"You changed my personal ringtone again didn't you!"

"Hey Kylie"

"I need deets." She ordered.

"What details? Of the case I'm working on?" I asked confused.

"No silly. You went out clubbing with Jordan, didn't you?"

"Wait how do you know?" the plan was made after I met her. So how did she come to know?

"It's on Jordan's Instagram page." She stated.

"You stalked him! seriously Kylie?"

"My best friend has a crush on him so why won't I? what if he's a serial killer and you're too lost in love to see that?" she justified. I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see it.

"I DO NOT have a 'crush' on him. Plus, he's too young anyways."

Or do I?

No Lexi, you don't!

"Whom are you kidding?" she asked sarcastically.

"Kylie, you know how long it took me to reach this stage. After Jackson, I swore off relationships. I was pulled down my one of their kind and I won't throw away all my success for another one." I sighed.

"Jackson was an ass. Jordan might be different." Kylie negotiated. She should have been a lawyer instead of me.

"No Kylie. I am not emotionally investing myself in any relationship right now. In fact, I'm gonna try and stay away from him as much as possible." I added.

"Well you did call him your friend..." she said. Does that guy seriously post everything on social media?

"Hunt, you can't avoid him. He works for you. don't you even suggest that you fire him. He's good at what he does, and you know that." Shoot I was just gonna suggest that!

"Suggest lunch. Go roam the city. Show the new guy around. As friends. Keep the friendship bond alive. That way you'll be in control of your feelings." Kylie suggested.

"Sounds good! I'll ask him to join me for lunch today. Just as friends." I informed Kylie.

"Done. Tell me how it goes. Love ya."

"Love ya bitch." I replied and ended the call.

My head began to spin. I needed my caffeine to stabilise myself. I headed to the cafeteria and asked for my regular cinnamon latte. That's when I met Jordan.

He was balancing a bunch of coffee cups in his arms. His curly brown hair was split across his forehead. He tossed his head and flicked his hair to the side. He put girly hair-flips to shame. Jordan was the perfect combination of cute, but sexy. Exactly my type.

"Looks like IT sure has got you busy." I remarked.

"By busy you mean getting everyone's coffee orders, then yes I am very busy." He chuckled.

"Oh, by the way, I'm grabbing lunch around the corner at Graham's café. Wanna join in?" I asked casually.

"Actually, I have plans." He grimaced.