17. PEANUTS

Morning broke, with the police at my doorstep. Jackson and I sat down and filled them in with the details.

"And where was your boyfriend at that time?" Officer Alex asked.

"Excuse me? I am her boyfriend. I was with her." Jackson answered looking shocked.

"Mr. Jones isn't my boyfriend, Officer Alex. He's just a friend. Jackson is my boyfriend, or soon to be." I corrected him.

Officer Alex just eyed me curiously before walking off to talk to the other officer. Once everything was sorted out, Jackson and I left for work. He wanted to head home to freshen up first. I was dressed in black trousers and a white, long sleeve top topped off with Aviators. I didn't get time to do my hair, so I let it flow freely across my shoulders.

I met up with Jordan in the cafeteria when I went to pick up my regular dose of caffeine. "Hey Hunt." He chirped. "How was your dinner?"

"Don't ask." I clutched my hair in frustration.

"One expresso please. Black." I instructed the barista and then began telling Jordan about possibly one of the worst evenings of my life. 

"He sent you a picture? So the bastard was around you!" Jordan was shocked.

"Yeah. I've notified the police. Hopefully, they catch him soon." I shrugged.

"So much for fine huh?" Jordan passed me my mug. I told him about my little panic attack as well. 

"But I am fine." I protested.

"I told you I'll stay back. Thank God Jackson was around. What if it was a nightmare? What would you have done Lexi?" Jordan scolded me like I was a child.

"It was not, and I am fine." I huffed and walked back to my office with Jordan at my heels.

"Fine. There's that word again." He rolled his eyes. "Why are you at work? Shouldn't you be taking rest?"

"Jordan, work is my rest. It's best if I'm distracted. I enjoy working. Besides, Mr. Grey's case is still pending." I shrugged as I opened my room door.

"The only good thing coming out of this is me keeping an eye on you." Jordan grinned. "You know what?"

"What?" I asked.

"We should keep a code name for your..." Then he whispered. "stalker."

"Security has doubled in the entire building. Don't you think people must have already sensed something is up?" I looked at him as if he were crazy.

"Peanuts."

"Excuse me?" I gulped my now lukewarm coffee.

"Just say peanuts, or Jordan get me a packet of peanuts, or anything associated to peanuts. That's our code word." He rubbed his palms together.

"Oh, grow up." I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time. "You're such a child Jordan."

"You'll thank me one day Ms. Hunt." He winked.

"Get back to work Mr. Jones." I grinned.

Over the next two days, Jordan at work and Jackson at home kept an eyeful watch on me. Jackson insisted on staying at my apartment, even if it were in the guest bedroom, so I could be safe. Don't get me wrong, I was flattered, having the two most important men in my life take care of me 24/7, but at the same time, it got kinda annoying.

The previous day, Jordan trailed me all the way to the washroom at work. He thought I wouldn't have realised it, but I did. "What is your problem?" I snapped.