31. YOU'RE BLEEDING!

"Lexi watch out!" Ethan cried out as a car approached us in full speed.

The next thing I felt was a crushing impact from the left and everything went dark.

I was engulfed into box of heat and steam. My chest felt heavy. I couldn't breathe properly. I heard sounds of struggle coming from my right.

"Lexi?" it was Ethan! "Are you okay Lee? Can you hear me?" his voiced faded in the background as my eyes fluttered, struggling to remain open.

"Shit Lexi, you're bleeding! You're losing a lot of blood." I heard Ethan screaming in fear.

I tried to move my left arm, but it was stuck. It just wouldn't budge. I tried using my right hand to touch my head. My hair was damp and sticky, and my fingers were covered in blood.

I turned my head slowly to the side, the entire door was crushed into my side, making it impossible for me to move. The seat belt and air bag continued to crush my lungs. I tried moving my legs, but they were jammed too. Shards of glass were lying all across my lap and on my legs.

White light! It looks so peaceful. It feels like home. Like all my worries will fade away. My eyes began shutting, as I absorbed the white light in.

"Lee please don't close your eyes! Lexi!" Ethan's voice faded in the distance.

I drowned out the distant siren wails and chaos. The white light finally sucked me into the blissful unknown.

ETHAN'S POV

"Lee! Don't leave me please! Open your eyes! Please! Please Lexi!" I cried over and over again, but she laid there, motionless, turning white by the second.

The police and paramedics surrounded the area.

"Sir? Are you okay? Can you hear me?" one of the paramedics called out to me.

"I'm fine. But my-my friend. Sh-she hurt really bad." I managed to tell him.

"Hold on tight. We'll get you out of here." In one cut, the guy managed to cut the strap of car seat belt and two strong men hauled me outside through the shattered car window.

I was surprisingly able to stand on both my feet. I managed to take the support of one of those many medics and walk away from the car, towards an ambulance. I think I had a fractured arm and a few cuts and scrapes here and there.

I sat down on the ledge of the ambulance, as an on seen doctor examined me.

"Definitely a broken arm and a few broken ribs. But we'll only be able to tell if there's any internal bleeding once we get to the hospital." The doctor proved my assumption right. "Till then, stay off your feet." He said sternly.

I nodded in response and turned my head to the wrecked cars. The car that had crashed into us apparently had a break fail, causing the driver to slam into us. Just like me, he made it out okay with just a few broken ribs.

Unlike Lexi. The side door was completely slammed into her side. The hood of the car was crushed to one side. The back of the car didn't face as much damage. And the side I was sitting faced minimal impact as compared to Lexi's.

The person driving the other car was heading towards me, limping against a paramedic. He sat down on the ledge next to me. He looked a few years younger than me, so I was guessing the guy was 17 or 18.

"Hey man I'm so sorry. I really don't know how this happened. I lost control of the car and the break failed." He apologised.

I really didn't wanna have a conversation with anyone at the moment.

"I knew something was wrong with the car, but I was negligent and didn't get it checked. I'm really sorry dude."

That got my attention. "You knew something was wrong with your car and you still didn't do anything about it?" I bellowed.

"Geez man, I said I'm sorry. It was a mistake." He defended himself.

"Oh it was no mistake. You knew there was something wrong with your fucking car and just because you couldn't get your lazy ass off the couch, my friend has to suffer." I yelled. "Because of you, she might not make it out of this" I voiced my biggest fear.

Oh no. What if Lexi doesn't make it out alive? No! no! this cannot happen. She'll make it through. She's Lexi Hunt! She's an unstoppable force of nature. Nothing will go wrong.

"It's just a car crash. My friends have been in loads and nothing has gone wrong to them. Just chill out." The car wrecker told me. What the fuck was wrong with him.

Furry pumped through my veins as my hands clutched into a fist. "What the fuck did you just say?" my fist connected with is jaw and a loud crack echoed through the area.

The guy stumbled back due to the impact. A few police officers immediately rushed and pulled me behind.

"Sir! Stand down or we'll have to arrest you." the officer told me sternly.

"I swear you better get the fuck out of here before I break more than just your face." I threatened. I pulled my arm from the police officer's grip and tried to calm my racing heartbeat.

I turned my gaze towards the car where the paramedics were doing their best to pull out Lexi from the car without causing any further injury. The managed to dismantle the hood of the car and began to remove the door from her side.

"She's crashing! Someone help me get this door off her!" someone screamed.

"No!" I scream left my lips as I hobbled as fast as I could to get to her.

"Sir you need to step back and let us do our work." someone told me.

"No way! That's not happening. If you guys were doing your job right she wouldn't be crashing right now." I yelled as I reached out using my one working arm to hold one side of the car door.

"We lift on three." he instructed. "ONE! TWO! THREE! LIFT!" he yelled as we used all our force to pick up the door.

Another paramedic rushed underneath and pulled Lexi out. They immediately shifted her onto a ready gurney nearby.

"Someone bag her!" they put a bag valve mask around her mouth as a guy pumped it, helping her oxygen supply.

"Can't find a pulse." Someone called out.

I rushed to her side. They hooked her up to a small ECG machine.

"Push one of epi!"

"Lexi, if you can here me, please, please don't give up on us. You're a fighter. You're stronger than any of us. Lexi, please open your eyes." I tried telling her. But it felt like she was blocking me out. Lexi wanted to take the easy route out. Giving up felt the easiest in the moment. But she can't just give up!

We couldn't lose Lexi!

"Charge to 200!" someone got a defibrillator ready.

"Sir! Step back!" a voiced pulled me behind.

"CLEAR!" Lexi's chest bounced off the gurney. Still no response.

"Charge to 250!"

"CLEAR!"

She heaved off the gurney again, but no response.

A flat line showed up on the ECG machine as a straight beep echoed through the area......

"I'm sorry..."

Author's note: Breathe in, breathe out.... Oh and please vote and comment! See you in the next chapter!