6. THAT'S MY GIRL

"Well Mr. Grey," I heard Lexi begin but that mofo cut her off,

"It's Peter. And besides, my father is your client, not me."Seriously? Your game was seriously weak bruh. 

"Peter, I'm sorry." She began again but he cut her off once again. AGAIN. Like seriously? I knew I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but I couldn't help myself.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you're seeing someone."

"No Peter, I'm not seeing anyone. But that does not mean I am interested. The company might be your father's now, but it's going to you, so that does make you my client. And my relationship with my clients is strictly professional. Besides, I do not want to date, or get into a relationship right now. I'm sure you'll find someone else." Lexi spoke sharply.

"And next time you're having a conversation, you better stop cutting people's sentences. Especially a woman. Huge tun off." She added.

That's like my girl! I mentally cheered her on! Uhh, I mean friend. She wasn't my 'girl' girl. That's when she stepped out. I'd love for her to be my girl though, I mentally sighed.

LEXI'S POV

"Jordan! What are you doing here? Don't you have a date." I was shocked to see him standing at the door.

"That was at lunch time." He rolled his eyes.

"It is lunch time. Are you cancelling on the poor girl?" I asked confused.

He picked up my left wrist and held it in front of me. I checked my watch. 3pm! It was way past my lunch time. I had to settle with cafeteria food today. Thankfully, it was good.

"Jordan, I'm heading to the cafeteria for lunch. Talk to you soon?" I walked briskly.

"I'll join you." he added and followed me.

"So, how was the date?" I asked like a good friend. He began telling me all about it.

"Lexi, I swear this girl is awesome. I've never felt like this for anyone else before. Especially since this was just the first date." He spoke like a teenager lost in love.

I placed my ordered. First date and already so obsessed. Is this girl really that good? I didn't want anyone taking advantage of his kindness. It was a weird kind of protectiveness.

"That's great." I replied sipping my drink.

"But wait. there's more." He added cheerfully. "She has a five-year old son." He added. 

If I hadn't gulped my juice down, it most definitely would have spluttered all over the table."I'm sorry what?"

"You heard me. She has a son. And now before you ask me, I am not gonna go running for the hills. I love kids." Jordan told me. Actually, kinda read my mind.

"Maturity has entered the conversation." I smirked. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm proud of you."

"For not being a jackass?" He raised his eyebrows.

"For not screwing up this date that I practically set up for you." I chuckled.

"Ehh, thank you?" he smiled nervously. It was kinda cute. Sophie was really lucky to date someone like Jordan.

"You welcome." I winked digging into my burger.

"I'm gonna head back to work now." Jordan said.

"Yeah you should." I smiled.

 With that he left. I was almost done with my food, so I decided to head back to my room to work on another coming up case. I was busying reading a notification on my phone when I closed my room door behind me. Suddenly, someone yanked me closer to them.