23. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT?

If  you wanna skip the smut stop at ** and start at ** but DON'T SKIP THIS CHAPTER!!!!

The table was being laid, "Can I help?" I asked.

"Not at all honey. Just make yourself comfortable. Find yourself a spot at the table." Sarah waved her hand in dismissal.

Matt tried to grab the spot next to me but was asked to move over by Jordan. "Aww, looking at you, getting all possessive." I pinched his cheeks, teasing him.

"If you like fifteen year-olds hitting on you then by all means." He pouted. I ruffled his hair playfully.

"Not dating huh?" Jenny and Meredith spoke at the same time.

I met Jenny's twins, Cadence, and Cassandra aka Cassie at the table. They were ten, and extremely sweet, but they sure did have a mischievous streak to their nature.

Before we could answer, Audra waltzed in. "Hey guys! So sorry. I got roped in for a last minute surgery." she settled herself in the chair that was empty next to me. "Jordan's girl! I'm Audra."

"Umm, I prefer Lexi. And Jordan and I and just friends." I let out a low chuckle.

"Nice to meet ya!"

Jordan reached out for some fried potato sticks. "First bite! You get grace Jon-Jon!" Jenny pointed at him.

"Jon-Jon?" I questioned with an amused look on my face.

"Honey stick with me. Imma reveal all his secrets." Jenny winked at me. We all held each other's hands and Jordan said a quick prayer. We dug into the widespread.

"So Lexi, Jordan here tells me you're a lawyer." Sarah made polite conversation.

"I'm a corporate lawyer. I own Hunt Co-operations in NYC." I replied.

"You are THE Lexi Hunt?" David asked me in surprise. I nodded. "I've heard about you."

"All good things I hope." I smiled. I just hoped he didn't know about the Peter Grey incident, because it was extremely easy for such rumours to spread. It diminishes the company name, so my managers nipped it in the bud.

"Great things! I've read multiple articles about you. You've made an excellent name for yourself." David praised. I was jumping with joy internally. I never had a father figure compliment me on anything ever before.

Jordan placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it gently. I turned to face him. His eyes shone with mad respect and admiration.

"I'm proud of you." he mouthed. I grinned before sipping on some wine.

The rest of the meal went on smoothly. It was my first real thanksgiving with family, and it felt great to be a part of something like this. I felt oddly at home and extremely comfortable with everyone.

I was unnecessarily scared of what they were gonna think of me. Jordan's entire family was so extremely sweet and welcoming. It was the best time I had spent in ages. I needed a break from my monotonous life, and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

Jordan was blessed with the most beautiful thing in life- family. Something I was slightly envious off. After lunch, I helped the girls clear up the table. We lounged by the poolside.

Audra told us all about this little kid who she was treating since the past four years now. He was gonna be fine after all. Jenny knew the kid because she was the one who brought him in.

Meredith gave me some wonderful interior designing tips for my office and home. It all felt too nice. Talking to them, made me feel like I knew them since ages.