9. GREAT, IT'S BEEN GREAT WITHOUT YOU

LEXI'S POV

"Lexi Hunt!" Kylie yelled at me when we were in the car. "Something happened between you and Jordan. Spill! Now!"

I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous behavior. Sometimes I felt she was six not twenty-six. "Jordan and I had an intense make-out session in the storage room." I said quietly.

"What! I knew there was something going on between you two! I'm so happy for you!" Kylie exclaimed.

Clearly, she has the wrong idea.

"Kylie, we're not together. We ended the challenge today. Jordan likes Sophie and she reciprocates his feelings. I don't wanna get in between them both." I told her.

"Wait what? So, no more sneak-attacks? No more kissing?" she pouted.

"Nope.' I said popping the 'p'.

"Wendy! Head to Seven Eleven. I wanna treat my girl to some ice-cream." Kylie insisted on taking me out for ice-cream to 'get over by break-up'.

"Kylie, we weren't together. We hooked up once. That's all. So technically it isn't a break-up. Besides, Sophie is perfect for him." I said as I dug my spoon into Kylie's cookie-dough ice-cream. She slapped my hand away.

"What? I want a taste that's all." I shrugged. She stuck her tongue out at me like a five-year-old and continued eating.

"So, I know you don't want like me fussing over you, but are you okay, I mean after the whole Aaron incident?"

"Yup. Totally fine." I replied, this time eating my own wild-berry ice-cream.

"So, about that Paris plan... when can you take a week off?" she changed the topic.

"I'm not entirely sure. But in two weeks, I have the case against Jackson Avery. After that." I replied.

The win against Jackson was more than just a court case. It was me fighting for myself. It was time for me to show him who I truly am. How leaving him changed me for the better.

"Hey, you're gonna kick ass. And you know that." Kylie assured me.

I nodded. We were done eating and headed back to my place. I gave Kylie a pair of my pyjamas. She refused to sleep in the guest bedroom, so Kylie and I climbed up into my bed. She dozed off as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Thoughts of the evening raced through my head. When Aaron tried to kiss me, I noticed the look on Jordan's face. It was dangerously murderous. I knew Jordan would literally trash Aaron if I didn't take matters into my own hands.

He was fiercely defensive of me; it was something I had never experienced before. Jackson had never defended me. He didn't even bother to stand up with me if I was facing someone. After him, I learnt to defend myself, physically and verbally.

But Jordan was now Sophie's. He was never mine in the first place. Did I think it would work out? Definitely if we tried. Did I want us to be a thing? I don't know to be honest. My eyelids felt heavy as I drifted off asleep.

When I woke up, Kylie wasn't in bed. As I headed to the breakfast bar, I found Kylie sipping her morning coffee with a plate of some delicious looking pancakes and extra crispy bacon.

"Good morning ma'am. I've made pancakes and bacon for you as well." Hannah told me.

"Morning Hunt!" Kylie chirped. She was a morning person since I could remember. Me? Not so much.

"Morning." I yawned and sat down beside her for breakfast.

"Listen I've got to rush. I've been called in for a last-minute photoshoot. I was waiting for you to wake up." Kylie informed me, gulping down her coffee.