25. HE DOESN'T REMEMBER

Pleaseeee play the song! It's a really beautiful one!

"But I'm in love with you Lexi." Jordan said.

My world spun to a stop. EXCUSE ME? Did I just hear that right?

JORDAN LOVES ME? WHAT?

"But you chose Jackson, and Sophie chose me. I'm sad we cannot be together." he looked up at me, his baby blue eyes were flashing pain, sadness and a longing desire. He ducked his head back into my lap.

"I-I.." I tried to tell him. I tried to tell him that I'm in love with him, but I simply couldn't.

"I don't think you love me back Lexi," No Jordan! I do! So very much.

"Because I know your heart is with Jackson." He sighed. You have my heart too.

"This is my secret. I wasn't supposed to tell Lexi, promise me you won't tell Lexi." He held up his pinky finger.

He didn't realise he was taking to Lexi, a.k.a. me. Jordan was completely drunk. He wasn't gonna remember anything the next day. Even if I told him that I'm in love with him, it's not gonna do us any good.

Jordan won't remember, and my heart will keep shattering each time I face him. I desperately wanted to voice my opinions, but instead, I buried them deeper into my heart. A spear shredding my hearts into pieces wouldn't pain as much as this did.

I cannot tell Jordan.

I wrapped my pinky finger with his. "Promise." I choked back a sob. His eyes fluttered, catching sleep, and driving mine away.

Tears fell, quick and easy. A single drop fell onto Jordan's cheek, I quickly wiped it away before he sensed anything. This gorgeous man, sleeping in my lap, whom I am in love with, loves me back.

But if we confess our love, we end up breaking so, so many hearts. We were like the same ends of two magnets. Even though we pointed in the same direction, we were forced to stay apart. My heart was torn. Into two unfixable part, stored separately with two different people. It was driving me crazy. I didn't know what to do.

I picked up a pillow and tucked it under Jordan's head. I grabbed my phone and tip toed outside. There was one person whom I could talk to and hopefully receive some advice, my mom.

As I sat in front of the glistening pool, I dialed my mom up. She picked up immediately. "Mom?" I cried, longing to talk to someone.

"Lexi?" she asked surprised. "It's 3am. Are you okay honey?"

"I'm in a mess. It's so bad mommy." I began. I didn't leave a single detail out. From the night I first met Jordan, to the very last second when I left the room. Jackson, the stalker, Sophie and Jackson's past, my feelings for Jordan, everything.

"Oh baby, why didn't you come to me sooner? You know I am here for you right?" she cooed softly into the phone as tears kept falling from my eyes.

"What do I do?" I asked, failing to push away the tears.

"It's an obvious choice Lexi." Her tone changed drastically. Like she was surprised I had to make a choice. "Jackson has always been the one for you." she replied causally. "Please do not go to this ridiculous Jordan guy. It's just a phase. It will pass."

I was stunned for a moment. What did she just say?

"I'm surprised you are even considering Jordan. Jackson is rich, he has the right connections and he clearly loves you." she brushed off the topic.

"But mom, if I did love Jackson, why would I ever catch feelings for Jordan? it doesn't make any sense." This was the question I really, really needed an answer too.