12. LET'S GO BABY

JORDAN'S POV

After a nice long lunch with Lexi, we planned a long ass strategy as to how I should accept Sophie's proposal. She believed it took 'balls' to work up the nerve and propose someone. And since I didn't say yes immediately, it should be really epic.

Right now, Sophie is busying digging into her brownie sizzler. I loved how much this girl could eat. I just smiled at her cuteness. Sophie was rocking her white turtleneck and grey pleated skirt. I was wearing dress pants instead of jeans for a change, with my lucky black shirt.

"Have I got something on my face?" Sophie caught me staring.

"Nope." I smiled and ate my last spoon of very berry ice-cream.

Sophie insisted on splitting the bill, but I didn't wanna. Once we paid for our meal, it was time for the big surprise. I drove to JFK.

"Where are we going Jordan? My place is that way." Sophie asked confused. "Why in the world are we at JKF?"

"Chill, you'll know soon." We drove to one of the small hangers far from the main airport. I got down from the car and opened Sophie's door for her.

She was frozen in her seat. "Sophie?" I gave her my hand. She came out of her trance and stepped outside.

"Mr. Jones, Ms. Sitori, I'm Mike O'Malley, I'll be you're captain today. Your chopper awaits you." He shook my hand firmly and showed us the way.

"Ch-chopper?" Sophie stuttered.

"Yupp. We're gonna fly all over New York city." I grinned. "And I know you've been sky diving, so no excuses. We're flying tonight, period."

"Oh my God!" she squealed. "Thank you, Jordan, this is THE best surprise ever!" Sophie came up on her toes and locked her lips with mine softly.

Her velvety lips felt different. Not anything bad, simply different. I wrapped my arm s around her waist and kissed her back. It was a simple chaste kiss, unlike the spicy ones with Lexi.

"Let's go baby." I whispered against her ear.

Sophie shuddered lightly. We stepped inside the helicopter. We put on our headphone and strapped ourselves in. The blades spun and we were lifted off the ground inch by inch. The city was lit up so damn beautifully.

"This is so beautiful. I've never seen anything like it." Sophie smiled as her peered through the sides.

"So beautiful." I smiled. A little did she know, I wasn't just talking about the night sky.

Sophie turned around to face me. She clutched my hand in hers, "No one as ever done anything like this for me. I can't thank you enough for this surprise."

"There is a reason why I've done this." I told her.

"Why?" her brows were furrowing in confusion.

"Yes Sophie. I'm saying yes." I stared right into her beautiful blue eyes.

"You're saying yes? Oh my God, Jordan. You may me so happy." she gushed, tears brimming her eyes. Happy tears.

Sophie leaned in and kissed me. We locked lips for the second time in one night. I mentally thanked Lexi for helping me out with all of this.

Sophie smiled against my lips. "Thank you, Jordan. This has been the best date ever."

I smirked, "I'm glad I snagged the title."

Sophie chuckled and rest her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her closer to me. "Jordan?"

"Hmm?"

"How could you afford all of this? I don't mind pitching in with the cost." She suggested.

"First off, no way. Not happening. This is your surprise. Second off, Lexi played a part in this. She called in a favour, so it was pretty affordable for me." I told her honestly.

"Okay then." she pecked me on my cheek. "Oh my God is that Times Square? It looks so tiny from up here."

"Yeah. I know right."

Lexi was right. I should have said yes straight away. Sophie was simply perfect. Her childish ways coupled with her sincerity and down to earth nature just made her even more likeable.

"Jordan! Do you have a pen?" she asked out of the blue. I always had one, so I handed it over to her. She pulled out a piece of tissue paper from the restaurant we ate at and began penning something down.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Writing an introduction for my latest piece. I suddenly feel inspired." She said not bothering to look up.

"Can I read it?" I grinned.

"In Vogue. Yes." Sophie replied.

It was fascinating, watching her write among the clouds. She handed me my pen back and safely tucked the tissue in her purse.

"The best night ever." Sophie sighed.

"Indeed."

I tipped her chin up using two fingers and bent down to kiss her. I could taste the wine on her plump, round lips. I deepened the kiss. I slid my tongue in seeking entrance with Sophie gave me immediately. I reduced pace so I could explore ever corner of her luscious mouth.

We broke the kiss to catch a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty. Honestly, it was the best date I myself had ever been on. I would have never thought of going so overboard, but I guess having a girl best friend like Lexi makes you go out of your way to do things for your loved ones.

I then took Sophie home. She said she wanted me to meet Noah one day. Sooner rather than later, but he wanted to break the news about us dating to her parents first. And then tell young Noah.

I was really happy. I wanted to meet Noah. Sophie told me a lot of stories about the five-year old, and I couldn't wait to meet him. At the same time, I also had to tell my family. I wonder how shocked they'll be to find out that I,

Jordan,

Me, their son was in a serious relationship.

I unlocked my apartment and found my roommate, Rover lying on the couch. He jumped at the sight of me. "Hey boy did you miss me?" I cooed. Rover barked and began licking my face. I texted Lexi, saying that the date was a success before shutting shop for the day. 

But my mind did wander to the fact that Lexi was gonna go on a date with Jackson. What if she falls back in love with him? He doesn't deserve her. 

No one does.

No one is worthy of Lexi Hunt. 

Author's note: Tried to write a cute lovey dovey scene for Jordan and Sophie (while wishing it was Lexi lol ;)) 

You guys selected the double update option on my Instagram story (@rianna.writes follow if you haven't already!) so here you have it folks! A second double update! Hope 'all like it!!!!!!

Please do vote for the chapter by tapping on that tiny star at the bottom of your page and comment! Be expressive! Share the story if your enjoying so far! Catch y'all in the next update!