24. WE ALL HAVE OUR SECRETS

Do not skip please

"What are we gonna tell everyone, why is my hair all wet?" I hissed as we stood outside the door.

"Sprinklers in the lawn." He came up with some dumb excuse. As if everyone would believe us.

"Yeah right.." before I could complete my sentence, Jenny opened the door for us.

"Where were you two." She eyed us suspiciously.

"Somewhere." he muttered as we pushed past her. Jordan and I quickly ran up the stairs.

I unpacked a new set of clothes and a few essentials, "I'm gonna hit the showers." I pointed behind me and walked off leaving Jordan to his own thoughts.

Piping hot water soothed my aching body. As I rinsed the grit of the pond off me, my thoughts traveled back to the little escapade Jordan and I just had. It was not even half as good as our hook up session.

My lips were plump and swollen from Jordan's kisses. I ran my fingers over them as flashbacks raced through my mind. The moment held more passion for me than he could ever imagine.

It wasn't something casual, or a mistake anymore. I know I am in love with him, so everything felt different to me now. All that I want to do right now, I run into his arms and tell him that I'm in love with him.

That I wanna be with him, no matter what. I want to feel his lips on mine once again, this time, laced with love, not just something physical. I want the comfort of his minty scent to envelope me. All the emotions felt extremely novelle, but they brought in a rush like never before.

As I toweled myself dry, I noticed a deep red mark on the underside of my boobs, Jordan's creation. He left his mark on me. In a weird way, I'm glad he did, because it will always remind me of him, the man I am in love with.

Whom I've loved since day one, but realised so late, that now I can't even tell him the truth, because it will simply push him away from me. Jordan liked Sophie, and vice versa. And now her kid in involved too. I can't hurt so many people. I simply won't!

"Lexi?" Jordan knocked on the door.

"Yeah?"

"Jackson had called. I told him you were in the shower. He wants you to call him back." Jordan told me. There was something off. He didn't seem like his normal chirpy self anymore.

"Thanks!" With that I quickly threw on some leggings and crop top and exited the washroom. When I entered the room, Jordan was no where to be seen. My heart stung a little. He had never acted this way before.

I sat down on the bed and picked up my phone to call Jackson. He picked up on the third ring,

"Hey Jackson." I pushed off all thoughts of Jordan aside.

"Hey baby. Happy Thanksgiving." he said happily.

"Happy Thanksgiving. Hey, how is Noah doing?" I asked.

"He's much better now." I could hear him breath in relief.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I just wanted to call to tell you that I miss you so much Lee." I sucked in a breath when he used his old nickname for me. "I love you so much, and I'm missing you terribly. Please come home soon." Jackson said.

"I love you too Jackson." I found the words falling from my mouth. "I will be back soon okay? Take care of you for me."

"You too Lee." And with that out call ended. I just told Jackson that I love him, but I know for a fact that I love Jordan.