30. CAN I DRIVE?

*DO NOT SKIP*

A ring!?

Oh my God! He's gonna propose!

"Jackson?" I held up the ring.

"This is the main reason why I brought you here." he began. Jackson took my hand in his.

"Lexi, you are the most gorgeous, most badass woman I've ever come across. I knew right from the day we met at work all those years go that you were my endgame. You're it for me." Jackson continued.

My eyes widened in shock as his speech went on. "I already made the biggest mistake of my life once by letting you slip through my fingers, but I won't let that happen now."

He got up from his chair and knelt down on one knee. The entire restaurant turned their eyes towards us for their nightly entertainment.

"Lexianna Felicity Hunt, will you make me the happiest man on earth by excepting my hand in marriage?" Jackson asked aloud. He held up the ring between his fingers as he waited for my hand.

No way! This did not just happen! Oh my god! I was freaking out, but not in a good way.

"Jackson, what are you doing?" I whispered.

"I'm proposing." He stated.

"Why don't you take a seat?" I told him. Jackson looked at me as if I had grown three heads.

He sat back down onto his chair. "You don't wanna marry me?" he asked straight away.

How do I put this subtly without hurting his feelings?

"Jackson, we never even spoke about marriage. We've been dating what three months now. We hardly know each other." I argued feebly.

"You're mistaken. You keep forgetting that we had a past together. we're perfect for each other Lee."

"But that's different!" I made a comeback. "We were different people back then and we're different people now! You are mistaken if you think we know each other that well."

"It's only been three months. It's all just too soon." I sighed in frustration.

"Will you at least think about it and give me an answer soon?" Jackson pleaded. I nodded my head in response.

"I-I need to the restroom." I told him, surprised at my own words coming out of my mouth. I stood up, picked up my purse and phone and made my way to the loo.

But somehow, my legs found themselves walking towards the exit of the restaurant instead of escaping to the restroom. I just had to get out of here. The crowd made it hard for me to see as tears blurred my vision.

I had to get out of there.

I rushed outside knowing that Jackson couldn't see. I tripped over someone's shoe, "I'm sorry." I muttered an apology as the guy held me from falling onto my face.

"Lee?" he exclaimed in surprise.

"Ethan?" I said equally surprised.

"Hey there future sister-in-law!" he exclaimed cheerfully. But after seeing my tear stained cheeks he sensed something was absolutely wrong.

"Uh-ho. Did I ruin the surprise?"

"No." I wiped my face. "You didn't."

"Double uh-ho. You said no." he raised his eyebrows.

"Worse. I didn't say anything and ran out of there." I gritted.

"You stranded my brother?" Ethan took a step back. His voice lowered a little as disappointment flickered through his eyes.