5. DATE? WHAT THE FUCK?

JORDAN'S POV

"You mentioned Graham's café. Is the food any good? I suggested it and I've never been there." I asked Lexi.

"It's delicious. Good choice for a first date." She smiled.

"Thanks Lexi." I said happily and shut the door behind me.

I really liked Lexi.

Not romantically or anything and even if I did, it wouldn't make a difference. But she was funny, she looked after she herself and didn't take crap from anyone. I'd love to date someone like her, but I knew she wasn't interested.

It was almost time for me to meet Sophie, so I walked to Graham's café. The ambience was amazing. I replied to a few unanswered messages from my mom and sisters while waiting for her.

Sophie walked in wearing a pink trench coat, around a plain V-neck white top tucked into blue jeans. Her brunet shade hair flowed into waves, reaching just below her breasts. She was extremely pretty but she had nothing on Lexi's delicious curves. Wait why am I thinking about Lexi when I'm on a date with Sophie?

"Hey." She chirped.

"Hey Sophie." I got up to give her a quick hug before she slid into the booth.

"You look really beautiful." I complimented her.

"Thank you." she blushed. "Should we order first? I'm kinda starving. I'm having a hectic day at work."

"Of course." I liked a girl with an appetite. We placed our orders and got back to our conversation.

"So, I know your name is Sophie, but I know nothing else." I began.

"Well my name is Sophie Sitori, and I am a writer at Vogue." She told me.

"At Vogue? Wow that's really impressive. Well, my name is Jordan Jones and I work at Hunt Co-operate Law Firm. I'm a part of the IT department." I introduced myself.

"IT huh? Some brainy people at this table." She remarked. I just chuckled. "Okay so I need to tell you something important."

On our first date? What?

"Please don't tell me your married or something." I joked.

"Umm..." she began.

She's married? What the?

"Similar ballpark. I'm not married. But it's important for you to know this. It's the most important part of my life." Sophie added.

"So? What is it?" I was baffled.

"I'll mention it towards the end of the meal. The thing is, it might, and the keyword is might, ruin the mood of the meal. I don't want that to happen. But at the same time, I want you to be prepared for this something." Sophie added.

"Okay then. At the end of the meal it is then." I put on a happy face. Her face visibly relaxed once I said that. I wanted to keep the conversation flowing "So, tell me about your family."

"Well, I grew up in New Jersey and I'm an only child. What about you." she asked.

"I'm originally from Philly. And I grew up with three older sisters." I replied with a grin.

"Three sisters. What's that like." Sophie exclaimed.

"Crowded." I joked. "Well to be honest, I was pampered. A lot. Being the youngest and only son, I was babied all my life, even now. It's like having four moms instead of one." I smiled.

"Aww that's sweet." She replied.

Thankfully, nothing became awkward at all. In fact, I was enjoying myself. And by the look on her face, I'm sure she was too. We were almost done with dessert.

"So, what's this important thing you needed to tell me about?" I asked nervously.

She drew in a breath and blurted out, "I ummm, I have a child."

I was caught off-guard for a minute. She had a child. That was the mood-ruiner?

"A son actually. He's five." Sophie added.

"Wow. Do you have pictures? I'd love to meet him someday. Why did you think it would ruin the meal?" I asked confused.

"W-wait. you're not shocked? You're not gonna run for the hills? Promise me you'll call but never see my face again?" she asked incredulously.

"Why would you think that way? I love kids!" I stated honestly.

"Well, on a few previous dates, whenever I mentioned my son, most guys just freaked out and never met me again." She told me.

"Why?" as soon as I asked that I felt kinda stupid. It just slipped out.

"Well because most guys don't expect a twenty-three-year old to have a five-year old son. And guys I met wanted nothing to do with a kid." She shrugged sadly. I now understood why she felt it could ruin our moods.

"Well Sophie, the guys who act that way are just jackass. Thank God you're not with any of them. They don't deserve you or your love." I clutched her hand in mine.

She blushed on my comment. Sophie was kinda cute. I liked seeing her blush. "Well, thank you Jordan. That was very sweet."

"So, what's his name?" I asked, genuinely interested.

"His name is Noah. Wait you didn't ask me for the backstory yet." She added frantically.

"First off, that's a really nice name. And secondly, are you running away anytime soon?" I asked.

"No." she replied confused.

"So, we have a lot of time to know the backstory. I am serious about getting to know you Sophie. And I am not going away anytime soon." I told her.

"You don't know how glad I am that I met you." I could sense the honesty in her tone. Since Sophie insisted on splitting the bill, we did so and headed out.

"Well, I'll haul a cab to work, and I'm guessing you'll walk?"

I nodded. She got into her cab and rolled the window down. "Will I see you again Jordan?" She asked.

"Definitely." I grinned. And with that she left.

"Looks like someone had a nice lunch." Mia remarked as soon as I stepped outside the elevator on Lexi's floor, grinning like an idiot. 

"Oh, it was way better than nice." I chuckled. "Hey, is Ms. Hunt in there?" I asked pointing towards the shut door.

"Conference room three. She just finished her meeting but isn't out as yet." Mia informed me. "Thanks."

When I reached outside, I could hear Lexi talking with someone. I thought the meeting was over. I walked closer to the door.

"Would love if you would come on a date with me. Take this professional relationship a step ahead?" a guy asked.

Date? What the fuck?

He's asking Lexi out! Not on my watch mofo!

Wait why am I bothered? 

Author's note: Someone's a little too concerned around Lexi huh? I hope y'all liked a change in the POV. There will be a few more Jordan's POV's in the upcoming chapters so stay tuned!

Here's your regular reminder to vote and comment! And if y'all remember... I made a Lexi aesthetic. So here's Jordan's ^^. I just had to include Rene Calderon in here lol.