2. SHENANIGANS? WHAT ARE WE FIVE?

"Lexi! I mean Ms. Hunt." He stuttered, equally astonished.

"Did you know who I was when you slept with me?" I doubled checked narrowing my eyes black at him.

"No! No of course not!" he defended quickly. Being a lawyer always made it easier to spot lies, and Jordan was definitely not lying. 

When I said I wanted to cross paths with him again, this was definitely not what I had in mind "Hmm. So, you're here for the IT position." I continued the interview.

"Lexi" he began.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Ms. Hunt or ma'am will do."

Us sleeping together was a one-time affair. It happened and was in the past. I wasn't going to let the fact that he'd seen me completely naked a few hours ago disrupt my work life. But damn I was gonna go back for seconds. He was excellent in bed. Well, now I guess not. 

"Ms Hunt, I assure you I am the best in my field, with a smashing resume. But my worry is regarding our shenanigans the previous night."

Did he just use the word 'shenanigans'? What are we five?

"I do not want it to affect my job opportunity. I swear I did not know who you were when I first met you last night." He continued talking as I flicked through his resume. It was really impressive. I had never found a better candidate than him before.

I just had to give him credit for his talent both in and out of the bedroom. "Mr. Jones" I began.

"Jordan is fine." He said nervously. I raised my eyebrow for the second time in five minutes.

"Mr. Jones, you really do have a 'smashing' resume. We'd love to have you as a part of our team." I told him cutting the interview short.

"Wait seriously?" his face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. It was kinda cute actually. I nodded. "Thank you. thank you so so much." He sat up in his seat.

"You may leave now. You can start immediately. Mia will show you to the department." I gave instructions.

He got up and adjusted his suit before walking towards the door. "Jordan. How old are you actually?" I asked curiously.

"Twenty-two." He replied. Damn that was young. He was like five years younger than me.

"You can go now." I dismissed him.

"Wait you called me Jordan!" he grinned. Looks like someone's sharp. 

"Leave Mr. Jones." I grinned back. He gave me one heck of a dazzling smile before shutting the door behind him. Did I do the right thing by hiring him? Damn it, Lexi! Focus! He's just another employee! And when you do ever question your own judgement? Focus!

I checked my watch. Two minutes until the new client arrived. "Ma'am, the meeting room is ready." Mia informed me. I picked myself up and heading there with my files.

"Mr. Grey has already arrived. He's waiting inside." Olive, another employee informed me.

"Ah, it's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Hunt." The older gentleman stretched his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine." I shook it firmly. "Please, have a seat." The two men took their places across me. The younger one could possibly be his son.

"Ms. Hunt, your reputation as a co-operate lawyer is remarkable. Your firm is the top-most firm in NYC. But today my son and I have come to you with a rather challenging case." Mr. Grey said.

"Well?" I prompted. "we want to sue our insurance company." The younger man said.

"I must assure you I have dealt with and won all the insurance cases I've fought." I shrugged casually.

"Well you see, the insurance company we want to sue has brought in the Avery Foundation to lead their case." Mr. Grey informed me.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused.

"Out of the magazines, your firm is at the top in 55% of them. In the remaining 45% say that the Avery foundation is at the top." The son replied.

"I see you've done your research." I smiled. "Give me a second." I pushed the speaker phone. "Fire up IT and dig up all possible information on the Avery Foundation. Get me everything within half an hour." I ordered Mia. "Right away ma'am" she said crisply. I had one heck of an assistant.

"My assistant Mia will get in touch with yours and set up another meeting to go over then case." I said.

"Will do Ms. Hunt." Mr. Grey stood up. We sealed the deal with a firm handshake and the two men left the conference room.

I headed over to my office in anticipation of the research I had asked for. "Ma'am the reports are in. Someone from IT will bring them up to you." Mia spoke through the intercom.

"Thank you, Mia."

"Ms. Hunt I have the research you've asked for." Jordan was back again. He placed the files on the table before me a while later.

"Thank you, Mr. Jones." I opened the file.

"Motherfuckingshitdamnhell" I yelled. "Jackson Avery? That son of a bitch owes Avery Foundation? Like seriously. I'd had never heard from that mofo in years and now I am opposing him in a case? What the actual fuck? How do I not know about this firm?

Maybe I should start socialising with other firms! Oh, why didn't I ever attending those parties? That's because those parties bore me to death, and I land up sending Mia or no one at all!" I ranted out aloud as I paced around my office

"Ms. Hunt are you okay? Should I leave?" Jordan startled me.

"You're still here? What are you doing here? Get out!" I yelled. I didn't even know he was still there.

"You didn't dismiss me." he murmured.

"Get out!" I yelled. Jordan literally ran outside.

"Oh, and for the record. I am sure you'll kick Jackson Avery's ass no matter what the past was." He winked before shutting the door behind him. I sat back down, threw off my heels, and clutched my forehead in my palm. I needed a solid plan to take Avery down. Jordan's comment made me smile a little. He was extremely sweet and easy on the eyes as well.

Urgh back to the pavilion. I busied myself in my work.

My phone buzzed playing 'I'm sexy and I know it'. I smiled and picked it up without even looking at the id.

"Hey bitch! How's my girl doing!" Kylie asked.

Kylie Banks, my best friend since third grade. I loved that girl! Without her, I wouldn't be able to get through school and college life. She was studying law with me but dropped out to become a full-time photographer.

"Hey girl! I'm great! How have you been holding?" my voice slightly stuttering at the 'great' part.

"Bitch I know you lie for a living, but don't you dare lie to me. Something's up isn't it? You're meeting me for lunch today at 1pm." Kylie always knew when something was wrong with me.

"Wait. you're here? As in here! In New York?" I couldn't contain my excitement. 

Kylie was in Paris since the past three months. She was working with models over there. Her work took her to places all across the globe, something I was jealous off. The girl was constantly travelling. To finally meet her here in NYC was a miracle. 

"Yupp. Here in NYC and I'll see you at Graham's café at 1pm. Be there." Kylie began.

"Or be square. I know Kyle. I'll see you soon." I added.

"Love ya."

"You too." I grinned before ending the line. 

Lunch with Banks always ended up on my non-existent love life. I wonder what she'll think of the upcoming Jones and Avery situation. Today's meal just got a hundred times more exciting for Kylie. 

Author's note: Vote and Comment please! (pic of Lexi's office ^^)