3. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Graham's café was walking distance from my workplace. I reached before Kylie and booked a table for two. It was a small café with picnic table décor giving out French vibes by the dozen.

At prompt 1pm, Kylie sashayed in. She was wearing a white top with navy blue palazzos. Her platinum blonde hair was tied up in a pony at the back of her hair.

"Hey gurllll, how's Paris treating you?" I hugged her.

"Oh, it's been amazing!" she gushed and proceed to tell me all about her trip after we ordered our food.

My lasagne arrived. It looked heavenly. I immediately dug in. "So, what's up with you, my dear work-a-holic?" Kylie asked.

"Nothing." I muttered through a fork full of food. She gave me her signature 'yeah right' look.

"So, I slept with this guy whom I'd met at the bar last night. And today he turns up for a job interview." I began.

"Ooo tell me more." I filled her in with everything that had happened. I had so predicated the excitement on Kylie's face.

"Jackson Avery? No way!" she asked, shocked. "Motherfuckingshitdamnhell!" she cried out the same words I had used, mirroring my reaction in my office. And now you know why we're besties.

"Yeah. and I'm so determined to take him down." I said confidently taking a sip of my mimosa.

"Proud of you. Be the best bitch you can ever be." Kylie winked her hazel eyes at me. "Okay so, I have to go back to Paris in two weeks." She added. I choked on my drink.

"Wh-what? But I just got you back!" I didn't wanna lose my best friend, especially with Avery and Jones around the corner.

"How about you come with me?" she suggested.

"I can't. I have to work on this case. I desperately need this win." I grimaced.

"Next time then?"

"Definitely." I nodded. It was almost six years since I last visited Paris. Now that Kylie borached the subject, my palms were itching to book a ticket to escape my world. But work comes first. Around three, we parted, and I headed back to work.

When I reached my floor, I saw Jordan standing at Mia's desk and chatting with her and a few others. Well it was more like flirting. "Socialising already all are we?" I asked.

"Just getting to know the others." Jordan replied casually.

"You girls charmed by him as yet?" I chuckled.

"A bunch of us are planning to hit the Rave tonight. Wanna join us?" Mia asked.

Party nights was usually a tradition. Most of us headed in our friend groups to nightclubs. We at Hunt co-op didn't differentiate as seniors and juniors outside the office. This helped the staff to get along better.

"You guys go ahead. I need to catch up on some pending work." I told them.

"Oh, come on Mia. Did you really think our 'boss' will come with us to party? She's too busy. But don't worry. I'll give you guys company. That way we can have all the fun without worry about our boss being there." Jordan taunted me playfully.

The others turned their heads towards me. "Well seeing how to don't want me there, I'm sure as hell coming with you guys." I smirked. A small cheer erupted.

"You go girl! Show the men how it's done." Mia chimed in. I winked before walking off.

I headed home to change into something sexy before heading to Rave. It was one of the best nightclubs in NYC. "Hannah, please confirm my booking for a table for ten at the Rave please." I told her.