38. Kylie Banks! Don't You Dare!

LEXI'S POV

A MONTH AFTER LEXI HAD WOKEN UP

"Congratulations Ms. Hunt, Mr. Avery and welcome to the Hunt-Avery foundation."

I knew I wanted to take a year off before I resumed work. I had to heal, properly, physically, and emotionally. But I had to do something for my company.

So after long consideration, Jackson and I merged our companies and decided to run it together. No longer were we rival firms, we were one huge firm at the top of the list, together.

We just finished all the paperwork, and since I had the bigger working space, Jackson's co-workers shifted into my building. Jackson sold of his place and used the acquired money for the development of the Hunt-Avery Foundation.

We just opened and were filled with clients, and every single one of them left satisfied. With my arguing skills and Jackson's knowledge, the two of us were an unstoppable force. I fought only three cases before I took my year off. Needless to say, I won all three.

ONE YEAR LATER

During my time off, I travelled around the globe with Kylie. Accompanying her for various photoshoot. It was a girl's trip with a little bit of work to it, but it was a much needed one.

Jackson managed to run everything smoothing in my absence. Jordan was still working with us, but I barely saw him around the office. We bumped into each other in the cafeteria every now and then and exchanged a smile, that's all. Jordan was also promoted to the head of his department.

Everything was running great. Well everything except my love life. I went back to the old Lexi. I put up all my walls back up. All I wanted was Jordan. And since I couldn't have him, I let every other guy have me.

Random drunk hook ups and getting wasted every Friday night was on the top of my to-do list. That was, until Kylie managed to put a stop to it. She gave me an hour long lecture about how 'unhealthy' my behaviour was. To be honest, it worked. So instead of fucking away my sorrows, I tried therapy instead. And my therapist believes I've mage great progress.

I headed downstairs to meet Jackson who was picking Noah up. I weirdly missed the kid, so I thought I'll meet him before lunch.

"Hey Lee." Jackson gave me a swift and small peck on my cheek. Since we remained such good friends, I didn't mind him doing so. Besides, he was already seeing some chick. Jackson said it wasn't anything serious yet, so I didn't bother finding out more.

"Sophie should be here any minute. And before you say anything, I'm meeting her outside." he added quickly.

I sighed in relief. Jackson could step outside, and I busied myself by straightened a few knots out from my hair in the huge mirror on the entrance wall.

And that's when I saw him in the reflection of the mirror, the guy who never returned my heart back, Jordan Jones. I saw him bending down to match Noah's height to talk to him.

I sucked in a breath when I saw him hug Sophie, before heading back inside the building through another entrance. He was happy, and there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn't going to be the one to break his heart of the thousandth time.

JORDAN'S POV

I met up with Sophie in central park because Noah had a playdate with my niece, May. Jenny was busy with work, so I was looking after her for the day. I dropped May back to my apartment since Jenny was done earlier than usual and then headed back to work.

And because Sophie was already heading towards the now Hunt- Avery Foundation, I gave her a ride.

"Hey buddy, did you enjoy yourself today?" I bent down and asked Noah.