26. CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK?

New York, back at my apartment. I violently threw my outfits for Paris on my bed and asked Hannah to pack them, as I wrote down a letter for Jackson.

Dear Jackson,

Let me begin by saying, I am so sorry. I am leaving for Paris early tomorrow morning. I couldn't bring myself to meet you due to a few reasons. I need time to process those reasons and a break from my routine life, and Kylie is in Paris. I'll be spending time with her. I do not know when I'll be back. Till then, please do take very good care of yourself, and please do not try to contact me. I will be back, that I can promise.

Love, Lexi Hunt.

I folded the letter and slipped it inside an envelope with instructions for Hannah to deliver it to Jackson. I just couldn't tell Jordan. Because I know he'll think it's his fault. And he won't forgive himself. Jordan will simply go nuts. So I rather slip away before he even notices I've gone.

I slept off early after dinner because I had a 4am flight to catch. Wendy drove me off in the dark to the airport. Soon enough, I was in the flight off to Paris, The City of Love.

Weirdly, I was running away from love just to land up in a city full of it. 

By 11.30am, Paris time, I was exiting the airport with two stroller bags, one large, a small empty one in case we shop, and one backpack. I spotted Kylie in a pale pink button down blouse and a pencil skirt. It had been six years since I last visited the city.

"Hey Kyles!" I called out.

"Hey bi-yatch!" she opened her arms wide and I rushed into them. "Oh my God I missed you!"

"I missed you too." I honestly did. I missed her so much. Her sassy self, her bubbly nature and just everything about her.

"Hey Hunt, what's wrong?" she broke the hug and observed me at arm's length. She sensed something was up.

"N-nothing." I shrugged. "So, are you gonna be showing me the city or not?" I changed the topic. A lot had changed in six years.

"Of course! Let's go home first! You're staying with me at my apartment." She pulled one stroller from behind me while I pulled the other. Her apartment was a fifteen minute drive from the airport.

I was in awe of the city as the taxi drove through its mesmerising streets. The taxi pulled up next to this cute little apartment building. Her room was on the second floor. There were no elevators, so we had to haul the suitcases across the stairs.

She unlocked her door, "Welcome to my humble abode!"

The apartment was simply beautiful. It had an open floor plan. She had a murphy bed at the back and a small dining table to the right. The floor length window had a gorgeous view of the entire street.

Most of the walls were covered in aesthetic doddles, and the bed had fairy light around it. To the left was the kitchen counter.

"Damn Kyles, this place is awesome!"

"I know right. I am glad I found this place. I rent it out each time I'm in Paris. Way cheaper than staying at a hotel." She told me. I nodded in agreement.

"So, are you gonna show me the city or I'm going to have to book some cheap ass tour?" I asked teasingly.

"Of course! I'm sure you must be staving, so freshen up, I'm taking you to this cute little bakery right around the corner." Kylie grinned at me.

I took a nice shower and changed into a beige turtle-neck crop top and sap green formal pants and topped it off with a beige overcoat. We walked across the street to this small, and extremely cute café, 'Maison de pain' or the 'house of bread'.