20. WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME PLEASE

LEXI'S POV

"Hey Mia, how was Halloween?" I asked as I packed up for the day. Best part of being your own boss? Leave whenever you wanna. You can't top that.

Jackson had gone down to pick up Noah. I was finally meeting the kid. I didn't know whether to be terrified or sad or happy. Emotions can be a bitch sometimes.

"It was great. I spent the entire holiday with Olive." Mia replied as I walked out of my office. Olive and Mia really made the perfect couple. I looked up to their five long years in a relationship endlessly.  "How was yours?"

Olive came to work for me first, and when I was hunting for an assistant, she recommended Mia. I couldn't be more grateful that she did so. 

"All I did was work and sleep." I shrugged. Jackson was dealing with a case, so I was all alone. For a change I didn't feel like going out to party, so I busied myself in work with my best friend- tequila, since Kylie was still in Paris.

"Have a good day Mia." I smiled before walking out. 

"You too Miss. Hunt." I took in a deep breath preparing myself as I stepped into the elevator.

Jackson was a family man. He had a younger brother Ethan, who I was fond off and two lovely parents, Rebecca and Ashton. I had met them a bunch of times. They were extremely down to earth.

Ethan was only 16 when I met him. A player in the making, but a total sweetheart. Jackson is really close to his family, unlike me. I never knew my father. All I know that his name is Michael. My mother, Beth never spoke of him, and whenever I tried to ask her about him, it always put her off into a bad mood. I never pushed her.

I have no siblings, just two cousins, that I know of and I'm close to neither. So, basically, I'm not a family person. Knowing Jackson's big happy family gave me a sense of belonging.

Even after we broke up, I was in touch with Ethan. He usually called me up once a month and kept his tabs on me. Ethan was the younger brother I never had.

Meeting Noah was a novelle experience. If everything in the past didn't turn out the way they did today Noah would have been mine. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't wanna screw this up. Noah was the biggest part of Jackson's life I couldn't afford to have him dislike me or cause any pain to the kid.

As I stepped outside the building, I spotted Jackson bending over and talking to whom I assume was little Noah. I was hoping his mother wasn't around. I didn't want my first meeting with Noah getting all awkward.

"Hey Jackson." I called out. He turned towards to me.

"Hey Noah, there's someone I want you to meet." I heard Jackson saying.

"And who do we have here?" I bent down next to Jackson.

"Lexi, this is my son, Noah." Jackson introduced us.

"Hey Noah." I hugged him. "Hi Lexi." Noah beamed up at me. He played with my hair that hung across my shoulder. "You're pwetty." He spoke.

"Well you're prettier." I flicked his cute little nose before standing straight up. I turned around to spot the man standing behind Noah. Why was he so familiar?

"Jordan!" I was shocked! He opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water.

"Sophie? You're Noah's mom?" I spotted the petite figure behind Jordan.

"Yes. Hold up, you're Jackson ex, and y'all are dating again?" Sophie was equally shocked.

This did not just happen! I was just beginning to like Sophie. I hung out a few times with Sophie when she came as Jordan's plus one. Just when I thought, things were clearing out, no nightmares, no confusions and no mixed feelings, this had to happen.