43- Detection of the Two

Written: 1/3/21
Published: 1/12/21

The whole regiment rode through the gate. They rode through a nearby town. The search squads had apparently missed one, seeing as a ten meter titan came running towards the regiment running through the streets. The support team had quickly reacted and began diverting the titan's attention.

The rest of the corps got out of the town and were now following a path through open land. Erwin through his hand out and ordered the squads to commence in the long-distance scouting formation. Eren behind Y/n watched as his friends separated to go to their designated spot in the formation.

"Oluo, do you think my old co-trainees can beat the titans?" Eren asked.

"What?" Oluo frowned. "What have you been doing this past month? Listen, you little s***. An exploratory expedition... is not all engaging the titans!" He yelled as he bit his tongue. Y/n sighed. The titans won't even have to finish Oluo if he keeps biting his tongue. He might bleed out and die.

The Ackermann squad saw a red flare be sent. Y/n shot the signal. The command squad had sent a green flare in a totally different direction. The Ackermann squad started drifting into the direction, hoping everyone else did the same.

Several minutes of riding the horses passed. A black flare was sent into the sky. Y/n ordered Gunther to fire the signal. He did. Y/n thought to herself. Is this the spy? Or is it just an abnormal? It's not like we have a flare dedicated to a person inside a titan... Suddenly, another black flare was shot into the sky. That's too unusual. This time, it's got to be them! Y/n thought.

Y/n fired the signal. She hoped everyone was still alive and doing well. Yellow flares began firing on the right side, meaning they had been hit hard. Little did she know that two blondes and a two-tone were fighting under one of the flares.

"The guy who was in a hurry to die really has died fast on that right flank! Avenge him! She killed him!" A voice had shouted under the flare.

     It's a bluff. The person thought. I checked and the neither Eren or her were there. However, I did pause and didn't kill Jean...

After more time, a purple flare had erupted, signaling an emergency. Did someone need a horse? Was someone heavily injured? Y/n was heavily tempted to ride off by herself, but she knew she couldn't do that. There were also other squads much closer to them. It would be up to them to help. A barrage of flares were sent in a direction.

"Oluo, you fire." Levi ordered.

"Yes, sir!" Oluo replied as he dug into his flare pack. He aimed his flare gun in the direction and fired. Y/n heard approaching horse steps approaching them. It was a messenger.

"I've got a message!" They shouted. "The right flank scouts have been decimated! The right flank is now blind to titan movement! Please pass the message onto the squads on your left!" He said as he began riding back to his squad.

"You heard the man, Petra." Y/n said. "Move out."

"Yes, ma'am!" She answered as she began drifting to the left.

The right flank... Y/n thought. That's where Armin and some more are... close behind them, three black flares shot into the air. "Eren, fire it." Y/n ordered.

"Yes, ma'am!" Eren replied as he shot the flare into the air.

"What a mess..." Levi muttered. "The formation has been penetrated that deeply?"

Y/n nodded. They've been heading west for quite awhile now. But, it was according to plan. They were headed to the forest of the huge trees. They had recently gotten a messenger. They reported that only the squads in the center will go through the forest. Y/n took a deep breath. Her squad will still be baiting the person to come for them. The support wagons would be heading in extra early to set up the traps for the beast.