75- Comeuppance

Written: 7/12/21

Published: 7/22/21

Falco emerged from the protective fingers of the Armored Titan. He groaned as he slowly became more aware of his surroundings. Looking at the chaos occurring around him, he gaped with wide eyes. "What is this?" He uttered. Five of the Nine Titans were at the scene all brawling with each other. Enemy forces were menacingly flying around with long spears.

      An asian raven-haired girl shot one of the long spears at the person inside a crystal. However, the result was futile.

      "That's... No way?!" Falco exclaimed. "Mr. Kruger?! No, Kruger... How dare you..!! You deceived me." He spotted the broken and destroyed limbs of people. "But the residents of the building?" He then remembered. "Deputy Chief Braun!" So at that time... You nobly sacrificed your body for me!

      He crawled back into the protection of the Armored. The rider was seemingly unconscious. The boy put his hand to the young man's cheek. "Deputy chief... I'm sorry. It's my fault." He's alive, but unconscious. His body should have started healing already. I mean, as long as they have a strong will to live... This is... Please kill me... No way... I just want to disappear.

       "Deputy chief. I'll call for help." Falco assured, placing a gentle hand on Reiner's chest. "The ones outside are not just enemies. There's me and Gabi and Y/n-san, and everyone else. Aren't we your comrades? We can all get through this together."

~

      "INCOMING!!" Jean warned his fellow soldiers. "EVADE IT!!" The Beast Titan chucked more rocks at them, creating a shield of dust. Two soldiers sped ahead to circle the furry titan. "OI, WAIT UP!!" Jean called.

      "I won't forgive that monster!" They were about to fire their thunder spears. However, Pieck suddenly changed direction and footing, allowing the panzer to shoot them down. The two jerked backwards and fell, dead.

      "We'll guard the Warchief's rear." Pieck announced. "Be conservative with the remaining bullets." Noises of confirmation erupted from inside the armor. Suddenly, a loud sound of gas being expelled was heard. "Ah!!" Pieck exclaimed. "OVERHEAD!"

     A scout had flown high above them, thunder spear prepared. Pieck screamed for the panzer unit to take action. The angle was not good enough. They were helpless... Or so they thought. The Jaw Titan raced up the wall and clawed the man apart. He landed beside the Cart.

      "Galliard!" The panzer cheered.

     "That was dangerous..." Another mentioned.

      "Thanks, Porco!" Another remarked.

      "You saved me..." Pieck said gratefully.

       Porco emerged from the nape. "Watch out! Don't lose sight of the Ackermann who's in pursuit of us!! He's lurking somewhere!!"

      "There's two lethal Ackermanns, remember?" Pieck reminded. "We need to be extremely wary for both of them!"

      Porco nodded. "Yeah... Sorry. I forgot..." He said a little downheartedly.

      "What are you so sad abou-" Pieck spotted something. "PORCO! The Warhammer is...!!" Eren was about to chomp into the crystal. However, blood spurted out as his mouth was completely demolished, proving the resilience of the titan material.

      Eren got out of his current titan. He jumped off, bit his hand, and transformed again. That was the third time in less than an hour. Pieck assured Porco that they had the advantage, calming the hot-headed Galliard brother.