54- Battle

Written: 2/18/21

Published: 3/19/21

Just by the way, I update this book every 6 days.

      BANG

     Y/n gaped. She saw Armin's hand outstretched in the two on the cart's direction. Smoke flew from his gun as he had blown a hole into the female's head. A split second after, Y/n's blade found a deep spot into the girl's neck. The girl went limp and fell over, off the cart. Jean watched in nervousness, sadness, hesitance, all of it. He was horrified at what just went down.

      "We're almost out of the town!" Armin yelled.

~~~~~

     The squad had successfully escaped the town with no more casualties. Thanks to the two captains, no one had gotten close to being shot again. They had found refuge in a mucky stable, much to the captains' disgust.

      Y/n wandered outside. The air was too disgusting for her. She saw Armin crouched over, hand on a tree for support. "Armin..." She muttered.

     The young blond threw up into the grass. Tears flowed as well from his eyes. He wiped his mouth. Y/n kneeled down and patted his back. "Y/n..." The boy muttered. "Did this happen to you, too?"

      Y/n remained silent. Did she? The first man she killed... was just some trash in the Underground. It was also a case of life or death.

      "Ah... Sorry, Captain Y/n." Armin said.

     "It's fine."

     "Sorry..." Armin apologized. "Sorry..."

     Y/n stood. She slowly entered back into the barn. When someone got blood on their hands for the first time, it was best to leave them alone for a bit. When she opened the door, she spotted Levi with his shirt off, sitting on a box. Sasha was giving him stitches on his shoulder. Y/n rolled her eyes. "I swear, Big Bro. You're gonna be in a titan's stomach and I won't even know it." He shrugged.

     Y/n strolled over to Jean who was sitting against a box. She handed him a gun. "It's your turn to keep watch."

     "How's Armin?" Mikasa and Jean asked.

     "Still outside." Y/n replied.

      Jean looked downcast. "I see." Mikasa remained silent.

      The squad continued to squat at the filthy barn. Connie had fed and watered the horses. Sasha had thankfully refrained from eating their rations. After the Potato Girl had finished Levi's stitches, Y/n rewarded her with none other than a potato. It was the Potato Girl's turn to watch for intruders. The rest of them sat in a circle. A boiling pot was in the center, holding tea. They all sipped from their cups.

     "What's wrong, Armin?" Levi spoke. "This filthy stable make you lose your appetite?"

     "...No." Armin answered. They all looked at him. Of course it wasn't the stable. There was something else lurking at the back of his conscience. "Jean..." He spoke, the said male glanced at him. "There's something I don't understand. Well... Honestly, when I pulled my gun, I thought I'd be too late. I'm sorry, but... She already had her gun pointed at you. So... I can't stop wondering... How was I able to shoot first?"

      Y/n internally sighed. Jean thought back to the critical moment. The girl clearly had reluctance holding her back. Killing another human being with feelings... A living, breathing being.

     "Well..." Jean started. He looked at Armin who was looking at him in eagerness. He sighed. He couldn't tell the innocent male.

      "She hesitated for a moment." Y/n told. "Right?"