45- The Female Titan's Identity

Written: 1/10-11/21
Published: 1/24/21

Picture source: Chapter four of Lost Girls

Y/n, Levi, and Eren sat in a room. Y/n had made tea for the three of them and the pot sat on a tray in the center of the table. Levi and Y/n were sipping their tea, holding it by the brim as always. Eren stared deeply...into his cup. There was nothing but silence throughout the whole room, which made Eren feel a bit uneasy.

Y/n glanced at Eren. Eren's probably extremely confused why we're here... It's not like I'm much better, though... All I know is we're devising a plan for the female titan... What will be our plan?

"I can't believe it..." Levi broke the silence. "That good-for-nothing Erwin making us wait... The MPs are going to get here first... Most likely...he's having some trouble taking a dump... "

Eren nervously laughed at Levi's...joke? Levi gave him no reaction that is was a joke as he slurped his tea. He then set it down on the table. "Captain... You're...pretty talkative today."

Levi scoffed. "Don't be stupid. I've always been talkative."

Y/n inwardly raised a brow. Occasionally saying two to five word sentences does not count as being talkative, Levi...

Silcence once again enveloped the three. Eren looked at the table depressingly. "...I'm sorry. Back then, if only I hadn't made the wrong choice... things might have been different. Even you, Captain Levi, was injured. And Captain Y/n... you were put in an extremely dangerous situation...

"We told you." Y/n said. "No one knows how things will turn out."

Awkward silence once again filled the room. They were saved by the knocking on the door. Y/n opened the door. Erwin, Mikasa, Armin, and two random soldiers entered the room. Eren stood when he saw the blond commander.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Erwin said.

"Sir..." Eren said as he stood up. "Mikasa..? Armin?"

"We've found someone who we suspect is..." Erwin said. "The female titan." Eren's mouth was slightly agape as the five soldiers sat down at the table. "The target is attached to the military police brigade in Stohess District. We've devised a plan to capture the target, the female titan, once and for all. We move the day after tomorrow. On that day, we are being summoned to the capital, with Eren."

"So why are we doing it that day?" Y/n asked.

"Levi and I will be with the military police while the mission is occurring. We'll also be in a situation where we'll be forced to give Eren over. If that happens, it'll be difficult to lure out those who are trying to destroy the wall. As a result, the extinction of humanity would become a real possibility. We designed this operation to break through every one of our roadblocks. We are betting everything on it. We will likely...not have another chance."

Y/n internally sighed. These are the stakes... I wonder what I'm doing. But wait...

     "But if we're wrong on our accusation, won't we kind of be screwed?" Y/n asked. "If it's not our suspect, then we'll have to hand Eren over anyway."

     "I doubt the accusation is wrong..." Armin spoke.

"To put it broadly, Eren and Y/n will sneak out while we're being escorted by the military police brigade inside the Stohess District."

Y/n raised her brows. "Me? Why me? Shouldn't I be on standby to apprehend the person?"

Erwin shook his head. "No. We are unsure of why the female titan wants you, but we need you to act as bait as well." Y/n nodded in understanding. "From there, you two will lure the target out to be captured, to an underground location if possible, so that she won't be able to transform into a titan. If we can capture one of the titans destroying the walls by using these two as a decoy... the problem of the summons will, of course, disappear. The captains attention should turn to defending the walls, as well."