65- Undercover

Written: 3/27/21

Published: 5/23/21

(Since I'm hopefully going in chronological order, this chapter is not in the show right now.)

One Year Later (In 854)

As the three years had passed since their first time at the sea, of course everyone had grown. Not just mentally, physically. Everyone began to grow their hair out and the like. Well, maybe not completely. Connie told Y/n he liked his cut quite a lot.

After the 104th had learned that Y/n helped Levi with his hair, they were... interested. Levi's cut was quite impressive. They asked for assistance from Y/n. Y/n cut Armin's hair shorter. Jean had grown his hair long, slightly to Y/n's disappointment.

"Eh? You don't like it?!" Jean asked nervously. He patted his hair. According to Y/n, it was sadly not wild and poof-y anymore.

Y/n frantically shook her head. "No, no! It's not that..." She reassured. "Well, maybe it is a little." Everyone had gathered around her. "But it's mostly that you all are getting older. You aren't the little brats in the cadet corps anymore... How old are you now?"

"Well....... eighteen..?" Connie said, unsurely.

"Connie, you got it wrong." Sasha sighed.

"Heh?! Really?!"

"No."

"Man, that makes Big Bro and I 21." Y/n groaned. "Man, I'm so old!"

"Actually, you look our age. You don't even look close to old." Armin said. "If I hadn't met you before joining the training corps, I would've thought you were as old as us."

"He's right." Mikasa and Eren said. "I was thinking the same."

"But that doesn't change the fact that I am!" Y/n argued.

"Don't worry, Y/n." Jean said, suddenly picking Y/n up in a hug. "You're still young to us!"

"Yeah!" Connie agreed. "Still. Keep an eye on that bowl-cut dude..."

"Don't tell me you're still on bowl-cuts..." Y/n sighed.

"We just want to protect you!"

"Sigh."

~~~~~

Y/n, Levi, Hanji, Moblit, Onyankopon, and the 104th were on a large boat. They held slim suitcases of their clothes, essentials, and other things from home. Other citizens stood around for business the scouts did not know. They breathed in the foreign air. Sailing on the blue sea, they watched the city of Marley. They each wore suits with hats to be a little discreet. Y/n had worried about the Eldian armbands, but Hanji insisted it was fine. They wouldn't be in Marley long enough to be exposed to a blood test or turned into titans. In fact, having armbands in the place they were going would probably cause more problems.

Connie leaned against the railing. "There really are towns outside the walls... and people are living in them." He said.

"Don't say things like 'outside the walls' in front of other people." Jean said.

"Ah... I told you, I get it." Connie replied.

"At last..." Sasha whispered. "We are the first people from inside the walls to lay foot on territory outside the walls..."

"What did I just say?!" Jean exclaimed.

"We could say this is the job we were given from the very start." Hanji said.