88- Let's Just Talk

Written: 10/5-7/21

Published: 10/8/21

(Heyo, guys.)

"If you're here, what happened to the Azumabito ship?" Reiner asked frantically.

"They're fine. They're at the port." Annie told. "I had to sprint my butt off to even get here. Meeting with Porco was the only reason I got here. My energy was..." She coughed awkwardly. "Shot... To say the least."

"Kiyomi graciously dumped everything in the ocean and used all the things we could to get here on time!" Gabi told. "We need to repay her kindness!"

"Gabi..." Jean muttered.

"So..." Annie started. "How's Armi... No, how's Pieck? What's her status?"

"Armin was captured by the titans. His life may be in danger." Mikasa informed. "He should be somewhere near the tailbone. Annie... Help us."

The cold blonde girl averted gaze. "Your friends just love getting kidnapped, don't they?" She joked at the raven haired asian. "Of course. I'll get him back."

"What about Pieck?!" Gabi questioned worriedly.

"She's by the skull..." Reiner informed. "We tried to blow the nape up, but the Warhammer Titan is stopping us."

"Blow it up?!" Gabi exclaimed in shock. To think that was their plan... She thought to herself.

"We've wrapped explosives around the nape..." Reiner explained. "But we couldn't hit the trigger."

"Both." Levi spoke out of the blue. "We're doing both. One group will rescue Armin. We can use the Colossal Titan's explosion... The other will go after Eren and attack the nape simultaneously. We'll split into two teams... And do it simultaneously."

"Captain?"

"We're not in a place where we can be very concerned about Eren any longer..." Levi admitted. "No... We never were to begin with probably."

"But..." Mikasa muttered, still a little hesitant.

"BUT?!" Connie repeated in question. "But what?! We woulda died back there if not for this flying miracle we're on now!"

"Yeah..." Jean sighed. "Without having done a thing..."

"Jean..."

"There was a whole lot I wanted to tell that idiot, but... Ugh." Levi voiced his signature tch.

"I'm the same!" Connie assured. "I don't want to give on him! But... It's my fault Captain Levi can't even fight now! I doubt Y/n will be able to defend herself in her condition!"

Levi felt the grip on his hand tighten. He looked at her. She raised her head. "Don't leave me outta this!!" She croaked. Unfortunately, only Levi had heard her. It was simply too loud at the speed they were flying and the others were focused on other matters.

"What's more, we're up against the Founding Titan here!!" Connie reminded. "Do you really think we'd be able to go easy on it?!"

"Mikasa... We need to kill Eren." Jean said. He seemed very distraught. Not what was expected from how much he bickered with the hotheaded brunette.

"Mikasa! You can just focus on saving Armin." Annie said. "You don't need to think about anything else."

"When Eren's head went flying..." Gabi muttered. When the others looked at her, the young girl continued. "I shot Eren's head off with an anti-titan rifle right before he managed to touch Mister Zeke. When I did... Something jumped out of Eren's spine. It looked like a shining centipede or something."