~Chapter Twenty One~

"You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big "Save Elena" move?" Damon shouts at his brother

Maddy sat on Stefan's bed with her legs crossed. When she had woke up this morning to the two Salvatores having an argument, she never expected it to be over Stefan bringing Elena's biological father back to Mystic Falls. John Gilbert was an absolute pain in the ass. Of course, Maddy didn't have a problem with him, he wasn't stupid enough to start something with her. Madison happened to be the only vampire he could happily tolerate.

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate. Besides, you brought Maddy here, what's the difference?" Stefan questions.

"We're not that desperate, Stefan. The guy tried to barbecue me! Maddy never tried to kill me, so don't even try comparing those two." Damon shakes his head.

"I don't get why you would bring him here if he causes so much drama. Is Elena ok with it?" Maddy asks.

"Guys, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him, because apparently, he can't die!"

"Yeah well you didn't trust me either, Stefan, and all I was doing was trying to help you protect Elena, so your judgment kind of sucks." Maddy sighs.

"No, my judgment was clouded with you and I'm sorry for that, but this is different from Elijah. We don't know him." Stefan states.

Maddy shakes her head at the Salvatore deciding not to push any further on the Elijah subject. She wasn't completely sure how she felt about the Original. He didn't make her uncomfortable and the idea of trusting him didn't seem too bad. It would take a big burden off of everyone's shoulders, especially hers if they did trust him. It would put her mind at ease to know that they had a stronger and older vampire on their side before she died, and Elijah seemed to want to help.

"I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer." Damon raises his brows.

"He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe." Stefan states, gaining more of Madison's interest.

"And how do we do that?" The older Salvatore asks.

"He's not talking. At least not to me anyway."

"Probably because he doesn't like you," Maddy speaks, letting out a small chuckle before a wave of aggressive coughing took over.