~Chapter Seventy-Eight~

The next morning Maddy was sat in the kitchen of the Gibert residence along with Stefan, Damon, and Elena

The next morning Maddy was sat in the kitchen of the Gibert residence along with Stefan, Damon, and Elena. She listened intently as they caught her up on what she had missed while she was away.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin," Elena states.

"The coffin you guys couldn't open and the one Bonnie was dreaming about?" Maddy questions to make she was on the right track.

"Yep." The doppelganger confirms with a sigh.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan raises his eyebrows.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon chimes from his seat beside Maddy.

"I'd really prefer not to have to kick your ass today," Maddy warns, glaring at Damon.

"Right, sorry. Gotta get used to you being back in the picture." Damon sighs, holding his hands up in surrender.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus." Elena explains.

"That seems like a reasonable request to me." Maddy shrugs. "She is their mom. What's the big deal?"

"Because she was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan expresses, the frustration clear in his voice.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost." Maddy sighs, placing a hand on her forehead. "What exactly has Klaus been doing to you recently that has you guys still so set on killing him?"

"He took me away from my home and ruined my life," Stefan states, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Technically you made a deal that you both upheld. He didn't take you or ruin your life. Your love for Katherine did that." Maddy points out.

"He killed Jenna." Elena reminds.

"Stefan and Damon killed Genevieve and then you guys tried to kill me."

"He wants to use Elena as a personal blood bag," Damon speaks up.

"He's just asking for a few donations here and there. It's not like he's trying to completely drain her like you wanted to when you first got here." She argues, remembering that Stefan had mentioned something about Damon wanting them to feed off Elena when they had gotten to Mystic falls.

"Bottom line is we want revenge." Stefan declares.

"A few people are standing in this kitchen that I wanted revenge on too but they're still alive and breathing. You don't see me plotting to kill you guys."