~Chapter Twenty Six~

Sitting on the ground all alone, Madison's ears peek up when she hears the sound of heels clicking down the cellar stairs

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sitting on the ground all alone, Madison's ears peek up when she hears the sound of heels clicking down the cellar stairs. She scoots closer to the door trying to get a peek at who was coming.

"I come bearing gifts for you." Caroline's cheery voice rings.

"Is it something to get this crazy witch bitch the hell out of me?" She questions standing up.

"No," Caroline frowns. "I brought blood bags, some board games, some books, a laptop, movies, and a blanket." She smiles.

"How am I supposed to play board games when I'm locked up by myself?" Maddy asks with an annoyed look.

Caroline opens the door, making sure to leave it cracked so she could get out. "I'm gonna play them with you. I figured since its kind of my fault that you're in this whole mess, the least I could do was sit with you for a few hours." She says sheepishly.

"You don't have to do that," Maddy says with a small smile.

"I know but I want to. That's what friends do." She nods.

"Friends, huh?" Maddy questions with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah," Caroline nods. "Friends."

"Ok." Maddy sits down. "Let's see what you got."

Caroline claps her hands together in excitement as she sets the duffel bag down and takes a seat on the ground beside Madison. "I hope you like romance movies."

Maddy watches Caroline with an amused smile on her face as the blonde vampire talks. In a way, Caroline kind of reminded her of her little sister, Penelope.  She was bubbly and cheerful just like Caroline. If they would've met she knew for sure that they would've gotten along great.

"What are you waiting for? The door is open, snap her neck, and leave." Selene speaks, making Madison roll her eyes.

"My favorite is The Notebook, but we can save the movies for tonight if you want to, I can bring down some ice cream or something. I cry every time I watch it." Caroline smiles.

"Or better yet, kill her. Rip her heart out. She's the reason you died, isn't she? Kill her."

"Caroline, I love that you brought all this and want to keep me company, but it's probably safer if I'm alone." Maddy quickly speaks up, gaining the blondes attention.

"Oh." Caroline frowns looking down. "Uh, alright."

"It's not you Care," Maddy says, gently touching her shoulder. "I would love to sit and binge-watch movies with you all night while eating tubs of ice cream, but I'm not in my right mind now. Selene is a nasty person and she's putting ruthless thoughts in my head...I don't wanna hurt you."