~Chapter Forty Nine~

"My girl's dead

"My girl's dead. I'm bored." Rebekah sighs, sitting on a crate.

Maddy sat beside Klaus on a couch and Stefan sat in a nearby chair, both men feeding off of their victims. She had already fed on her girl, gave her some blood, and compelled her to go home. Now that her humanity was back on she would be returning to the snatch, eat, erase tactic.

"You weren't kidding about being hungry," Klaus states, looking over at Stefan.

"Yeah. It's been a long day." He sighs, his eyes glancing to where Klaus's free hand sat on Maddy's upper thigh.

"Try being related to her." Klaus laughs, earning a smack on the back of his head from Maddy.

"Don't be an ass." She scolds.

"You're being mean." Rebekah huffs at her brother before looking at Stefan. "And why are you being mean? You used to love me."

"It's been ninety years, Rebekah. Give him a minute." Klaus speaks.

"How comes Maddy is the only one agreeing with me? Why are you taking his side?" The girl questions her brother.

"Because, my dear sister, I feel pity for any man who doesn't give you what you want."

"Will you stop making me out to be a brat? I am not a brat!" Rebekah shouts.

"A thousand years of life experience says otherwise."

"You don't have much room to talk, Klaus. The only time I actually enjoy your presence is when your mouth is shut and your pants are down." Maddy smirks, defending her blonde friend.

"Ouch. You've hurt my feelings sweetheart." Klaus frowns as Rebekah laughs.

"She's right." Stefan nods. "you're no picnic, either. I mean, I've only spent one summer with you and I feel like I want to blow my head off." He states before dropping the girl's dead body to the ground and standing up. "I need to go."

"Where's he going?" Rebekah asks, watching her ex-lover walk away.

"To write a name on a wall. It's a long story." Klaus says, pushing the girl he was feeding from to the floor, her dead body landing with a thump.

Maddy sighs, glancing at the three dead bodies that were on the ground. Standing from the couch, she picks them up one by one placing them in a pile.

"What are you doing?" Klaus questions.

"She's treating them with respect," Rebekah answers, already knowing what her friend was doing. She had done it plenty of times before.