~Chapter Eleven~

Maddy had spent the night secluded in her room packing her belongings and downing blood bags

Maddy had spent the night secluded in her room packing her belongings and downing blood bags. She didn't want to see Stefan because she was still mad about the note Bonnie sent, and she didn't want to see Damon because the tension between them was too thick. Her only choice was to isolate herself until the morning where she could compel herself a ride back home.

She had lots of thoughts running through her mind. She and Damon sleeping together was a mistake. It had given him false hope that they had a chance of being together, which was something she didn't want to do. Stringing the Salvatore along was not in her plan, especially knowing he was already struggling to handle his feelings towards Elena.

It wasn't like she was planning on sleeping with him. One thing had just lead to another and the next thing she knew they were in bed together. It made her think about the old times before their relationship started to go to shit. Back when she wanted to be around him all the time and in arms twenty-four seven. Back before Katherine had ruined it all.

She made her way down the stairs with her bag over her shoulder. Making her way to the living room she spots a certain vampire she thought she would never see again.

"You guys are friends with the woman who kidnapped me and Elena?" She asks in disbelief while leaning against the door frame.

Stefan, Damon, and Rose were all stood in the room while Elena was sat on the couch. The doppelgänger sent her a small smile which soon faded when she noticed the duffel bag hanging over her shoulder.

"You're leaving?" She frowns.

"I'd rather not be around someone who doesn't trust me and thinks I run around kidnapping people." She sighs glaring over at Stefan who kept his head down in shame.

He felt bad for his shitty assumptions about her. It wasn't like she ever gave him a reason to not trust her, but then again Maddy had always been unpredictable. He knew trust meant a lot to her. Not trusting her was just as bad as stabbing her in the back, especially when it was someone who she considered a friend.

Elena glanced at Stefan before leaning forward.  "I trust you." She states.

She didn't want Madison to leave. In fact, Maddy was one of the people she felt could actually be an asset to Mystic Falls. An asset to help fight off whatever was coming. She felt safe around Maddy like no one would hurt her. Maybe it was because she was willing to kill Katherine just to keep the people of Mystic Falls safe. Maybe it was because when they were in that abandoned house, she made sure Elena was safe and didn't leave her side. She couldn't explain it, but it was the same feeling she had when she was with Stefan. Safe and secure.